help on my assessment task (1 Viewer)

ashandlissy

HSC
My task says the following
"The year is 1980.You are a marketing adviser for the company SEMCON.This is a company responsible for the application of semiconductors

Your manager has told you that you are responsible for marketing the semiconductor silicon and its doping agents to SONY,SHARP,PANASONIC,NEC and corporations of these magnitudes.You are to convince these corporations that silicon and these doping agents are for superior over conventional devices and thermionic devices"

Design a poster to advertise following
a) the characterstitcs of silicon
b) the applications of doped silicon material in pn junstions etc

This is most weird assessment task ever in physics.Its not dat easy.can any1 has idea how to do this?.i didnt exist in 1980 haha:lol:

jamesfirst

HSC
Why the hell would you have to exist in 1980 to do this assignment... It's dead easy

Obviously you know that Solid state devices, which is made from silicons doped with group 3 or 5, are better than thermionic devices (unless you haven't covered it in class)...

Talk about:

-The doping of the silicon
-Why the doped silicon (extrinsic or intrinsic semioconductors) are better than thermionic devices
-Doping produces P type and N type semiconductors
-Why thermionic devices are bad (too big, heats up to much, fucks up every time someone tries to use it)

- PN juction is the region where P type and N type semiconductors meet and it is where the electrons from N type are transfered to P type to diffuse the charges to create a depletion zone to set up an electric field.
- Applications are:... microprocessors, microchips that are being used in ... basically everything now. If microprocessors didn't exist, would Intel Sandy bridge i7 2600k processor exist? lol

-Write some stuff about how Sony, Sharp, Panasonic and NEC are dumb shits if they're trying to used thermionic devices to make computers or TVs. (nah jks, lol)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)