Help please for english speech (1 Viewer)

Constantspy977

sensational
HSC
ok so im doing a speech about racism and I just want some feedback rn(Im in yr 9) and also i have no idea what to write for my 4th paragraph should i talk about another race racism like arabic or asian or should I just talk about how society should accept people no matter their race. I am just rlly confused at this point, im tryna get an A and i am procrastinating over this so any help will be amazing.

Is humanity heading in the right direction? The simple answer is no. Our world is far from perfect, and one of the primary reasons is racism. How would you feel if you were judged by the way you look, the way you talk or the way you express yourself? It seems like many people are oblivious that there are millions of people being discriminated against each day. We need this to stop. They deserve respect, just like you and I. There is no reason why anyone in our world should judge someone for their race or anything in general. You may not have thought about racism or might not even care because you never experienced it. However, it exists, and it is a significant issue in our world today. People have talked about it ever since Stan Grant delivered his speech. We even analyse it in school, yet our world has barely changed. He gave an incredible speech, spoke up and finally addressed a flaw in our society, yet our world has barely changed. We must learn to accept—accepting means trusting, welcoming, and believing. How can we call ourselves human if we cannot express these three small things?

We must stop racism because it has devastating impacts on victims and severe consequences. People who experience racism face poor mental and physical health and are more likely to face long-term health conditions. Racism is associated with excessive stress, elevating blood pressure and weakening the immune system. Research has found that discrimination or racism is linked to higher smoking rates, alcohol use, drug use, and unhealthy eating habits. Smoking and high blood pressure can lead to heart attacks and strokes, while smoking leads to lung cancer, cancer and diabetes. Which will lead to death. Is this what we are trying to achieve from racism?

Now that the impacts of racism have been covered, it is time to talk about real life examples of racism. An example of racism most of you should be familiar with is the Black Lives Matter that started in 2020, just when covid-19 started to surge. Black Lives Matter started protests about police brutality and systemic racism which instantly became relevant today. Black Lives Matter started to become increasingly more relevant from a video. The video was about George Floyd, who was brutally murdered by a white policeman who pinned his knee on his head. George Floyd did absolutely nothing wrong. The poor man repeatedly said, 'I cannot breathe', yet the police ignored him. Then after a few minutes, he was killed from suffocation, and the police just drove off with no mercy. Only when the policeman was arrested did guilt become a heavy load. “We are fewer than three percent of the Australian population and yet we are 25 percent, a quarter of those Australians locked up in our prisons and if you are a juvenile, it is worse, it is 50 percent. An Indigenous child is more likely to be locked up in prison than they are to finish high school.” This is a quote from Stan Grant’s speech providing insight about the systemic racism and social discrimination indigenous people face. It is absurd that Indigenous discrimination is happening all around the world, and nothing is being done to stop it. To put salt in the wound, over the last decade, suicide rates particularly for Black Americans have increased dramatically. For Black young adults aged 15-24, suicide is the 3rd main cause of death having approximately 3000 black Americans dying from suicide each year.

This is the assessment task notification
Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 8.39.57 pm.png

kkk579

hello
HSC
m
ok so im doing a speech about racism and I just want some feedback rn(Im in yr 9) and also i have no idea what to write for my 4th paragraph should i talk about another race racism like arabic or asian or should I just talk about how society should accept people no matter their race. I am just rlly confused at this point, im tryna get an A and i am procrastinating over this so any help will be amazing.

Is humanity heading in the right direction? The simple answer is no. Our world is far from perfect, and one of the primary reasons is racism. How would you feel if you were judged by the way you look, the way you talk or the way you express yourself? It seems like many people are oblivious that there are millions of people being discriminated against each day. We need this to stop. They deserve respect, just like you and I. There is no reason why anyone in our world should judge someone for their race or anything in general. You may not have thought about racism or might not even care because you never experienced it. However, it exists, and it is a significant issue in our world today. People have talked about it ever since Stan Grant delivered his speech. We even analyse it in school, yet our world has barely changed. He gave an incredible speech, spoke up and finally addressed a flaw in our society, yet our world has barely changed. We must learn to accept—accepting means trusting, welcoming, and believing. How can we call ourselves human if we cannot express these three small things?

We must stop racism because it has devastating impacts on victims and severe consequences. People who experience racism face poor mental and physical health and are more likely to face long-term health conditions. Racism is associated with excessive stress, elevating blood pressure and weakening the immune system. Research has found that discrimination or racism is linked to higher smoking rates, alcohol use, drug use, and unhealthy eating habits. Smoking and high blood pressure can lead to heart attacks and strokes, while smoking leads to lung cancer, cancer and diabetes. Which will lead to death. Is this what we are trying to achieve from racism?

Now that the impacts of racism have been covered, it is time to talk about real life examples of racism. An example of racism most of you should be familiar with is the Black Lives Matter that started in 2020, just when covid-19 started to surge. Black Lives Matter started protests about police brutality and systemic racism which instantly became relevant today. Black Lives Matter started to become increasingly more relevant from a video. The video was about George Floyd, who was brutally murdered by a white policeman who pinned his knee on his head. George Floyd did absolutely nothing wrong. The poor man repeatedly said, 'I cannot breathe', yet the police ignored him. Then after a few minutes, he was killed from suffocation, and the police just drove off with no mercy. Only when the policeman was arrested did guilt become a heavy load. “We are fewer than three percent of the Australian population and yet we are 25 percent, a quarter of those Australians locked up in our prisons and if you are a juvenile, it is worse, it is 50 percent. An Indigenous child is more likely to be locked up in prison than they are to finish high school.” This is a quote from Stan Grant’s speech providing insight about the systemic racism and social discrimination indigenous people face. It is absurd that Indigenous discrimination is happening all around the world, and nothing is being done to stop it. To put salt in the wound, over the last decade, suicide rates particularly for Black Americans have increased dramatically. For Black young adults aged 15-24, suicide is the 3rd main cause of death having approximately 3000 black Americans dying from suicide each year.

This is the assessment task notification
View attachment 35144
maybe for ur last paragraph talk about how we can help resolve racism??
say things how we should be more empathetic and accepting of others regardless of their appearance or race.
just a suggestion :) good luck!!

Constantspy977

sensational
HSC
m

maybe for ur last paragraph talk about how we can help resolve racism??
say things how we should be more empathetic and accepting of others regardless of their appearance or race.
just a suggestion :) good luck!!
thats what i was thinking

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)