help plz (1 Viewer)

Sirius Black

Maths is beautiful
HSC
I gotta a project on 1st hand investigation but i am not quite familiar with the experiment report.
I have to test solubilities of three groups of substances in water (ionic:NaCl,soluble molecular:sucrose; insoluble molecular: cooking oil)btw, all the stuff u uesd must be commonly household materials.
I think mass should be the same for all the samples, right? but how to control the mass of these samples if u only allow to use normal household equipment?
and what is the independent variable and dependent variable respectively in this experiment?
thanx a lot:)

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Wtf, You've posted this in the chem forum, usyd, unsw and god knows where else. Post just once please

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by Sirius Black

I think mass should be the same for all the samples, right? but how to control the mass of these samples if u only allow to use normal household equipment?
and what is the independent variable and dependent variable respectively in this experiment?
thanx a lot:)
well, it is difficult to keep all masses the same. The mass is irrelevant his this study, because you are testing solubility. Just use roughly the spoonful of each substance.

The independent variable is the substances you use.
The dependent variable is the the level of solubility.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)