Help: Relationship of Hatshepsut with her Officials... (1 Viewer)

Becky222

Hmm..
HSC
Hey
Just looking over it now, i have really simply notes about who they were and what they did (apart from Senenmut). No way near enough to write an essay... Do you think they would actually ask about her relationship to her officials? If they did do you think you could focus mainly on Senenmut?
Thank you :)

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
They have asked it before I think.
I wrote an essay on a similar question.
"Discuss the roles played by officials in the reign on Hatshepsut."
I mainly talked about Senenmut, Chancellor Nehsy and Hapusoneb. It doesn't hurt to just throw in the names of the other officials but I reckon it's best just to talk about a few of them (Senenmut and Hapusoneb should be mentioned in any question about officials). Focussing entirely on Senenmut wouldn't work for this question. Remember that without the strong support of her officials (a lot of whom were also her father's officials) Hatshepsut would not have been able to come to power and would not have been able to lead a successful reign. Basically she had a strong relationship with her officials.
Another cool thing to chuck into an essay like this would be that the modern historian Gardiner believes that Hatshepsut owed the success of her reign to her officials.

HadiaWantIt

HSC
Hatshepsut was a female in a male dominated position. She HAD to keep her officials happy. Think of it like a building named 'Hatshepsut' supported by a number of pillars (Senenmut, Hapusoneb, Nehsy, etc.) If these 'pillars' decide to no longer support 'Hatshepsut' the building falls.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)