Help! Total noob at share trading! (1 Viewer)

Green Pup

HSC
I've been thinking about my future a lot lately, and decided that trading shares would help it somewhat.
The problem is, I've never paid attention in Commerce in Yr 9 when we played the ASX share game.
I started a game on Stock Watch so that I'll be able to practise...

So I've come here to ask the absolute basics:
You buy some shares now what?
Any general strategies that would help me?

powlmao

Banned
HSC
There isn't a universal strategy.

You need to derieve your own through your own independent research and skill.

But rule of numb
-buy shares which are viable and will definitely make a profit
-don't put all your eggs in one basket

Remember you buy shares of others and resell them to others, so sometimes it will be hard to sell/buy shares hence it is risky.

Also remember, prepare to make a Substanial loss in the short term. No one Is perfect and it is likely the value will decrease one day hence you loss money. In this case be prepared

Dash8

HSC
Don't rush out and buy shares just yet. You need to research first. Have a look at strategies such as fundamental and technical analysis. Warren Buffet mostly uses fundamental analysis to choose his stocks and ended up making around $50 billion.

Use the ASX Sharemarket game to test your strategies. This is what I am doing now. Don't go out and buy thousands of dollars of shares until you know your strategies work otherwise you will not succeed.

This is a fantastic site for learning about share trading - http://www.investopedia.com/#axzz1rIeNh8Kw
Type in technical and fundamental analysis and it will tell you all about them.

Hope that helped!

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
if you don't know what you're doing, then buying shares won't help your future

either be prepared to spend a lot of time researching, or do something else

if you have $10k or more you want to invest, go to a financial adviser or someone who will invest it for you

otherwise just put it in term deposits or something until you know what you're doing

asking for "strategies" from a forum will not help you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)