Help with an essay on The Crucible and Animal Farm (1 Viewer)

symonag

HSC
Can anybody please help me build on ideas that may connect between these two texts and also how they relate to human experience pleaseee?

Boshin

HSC
N/A
One could be the human experience of power and the detrimental effects that coincide with it? Both texts have a strong concept of authority and the addictive nature of controlling the populus by using big bad nasty tricks that makes the average joe to cry and conform.

Both explore 'communist' ideals but difference is the context in which it was written is different, and Miller is in a way critiquing the operations of McCarthy whilst George Orwell just satirises communist boogaloo, but both explore ANTI-COMMUNIST SENTIMENTS.

symonag

HSC
One could be the human experience of power and the detrimental effects that coincide with it? Both texts have a strong concept of authority and the addictive nature of controlling the populus by using big bad nasty tricks that makes the average joe to cry and conform.

Both explore 'communist' ideals but difference is the context in which it was written is different, and Miller is in a way critiquing the operations of McCarthy whilst George Orwell just satirises communist boogaloo, but both explore ANTI-COMMUNIST SENTIMENTS.
thank you thats a really good point!

cchan334

HSC
I did animal farm in year 8 and I have some resources + the essay I did. Would you like it?

sleepypanda232

HSC
Like @Boshin said, power is probably the biggest common theme between the two texts. You could also mention the extent of corrupt authority (Salem's theocracy and Animal Farm's communist government). You could try identity as well, but from memory, it's not that strong of a theme in Animal Farm. What's your exact essay question?

symonag

HSC
Like @Boshin said, power is probably the biggest common theme between the two texts. You could also mention the extent of corrupt authority (Salem's theocracy and Animal Farm's communist government). You could try identity as well, but from memory, it's not that strong of a theme in Animal Farm. What's your exact essay question?
Texts invite us to see the world differently through their representation of human experiences.

To what extent is this statement true in relation to your prescribed text and one related text?
Its pretty vague which confuses me :/

sleepypanda232

HSC
Texts invite us to see the world differently through their representation of human experiences.

To what extent is this statement true in relation to your prescribed text and one related text?
Its pretty vague which confuses me :/
Yeah haha this type of question is pretty vague and seems quite hard to tackle at first. Try not to get too caught up in the nitty-gritty cos really all you need to do is a) pick your human experience (let's just say you choosing corrupting power) b) explain how the human experience is represented/explored and c) link your texts' representation of a human experience to how it can provide different insights (leads to new ideas on how those in power can be corrupted).

Hope this helps! My dm's are open if you need any extra help:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)