Help with mobile phone needed! (1 Viewer)

hannahxxx

HSC
K well since Friday my phone's been saying "insert sim" . The sim card WAS inserted. So anyway I asked the bloke at the optus shop and he said sometimes sim cards "get old and need replacing". So being very foolish I purchased one and tried THAT in my phone but it still says "insert sim".

I've worked out that if I push the battery very hard into the mobile, the phone works properly (though I need to keep my hand on the back of the phone with the case off). Can anyone suggest what's going on?

Also, once I've bought a sim card and it's been put into my phone(but I haven't used any of the credit on it), is it possible to get a refund? Or at least store credit? This guy ripped me off, and I let him because I needed a quick solution to getting my phone fixed (I need it for job interviews)

jest

HSC
have no clue but i suggest getting a new phone

Lavenderpup

HSC
is it a t610? had one of before and the sim card just wouldn't stay. try sticky tape? xD it sorta worked

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Its a problem with the phone. The sim is not staying in place.

hannahxxx

HSC
Nah my phone's a golden oldie (nokia 1100). Does any1 know if it's possible to just buy the model of a phone without having to buy the sim card and all the other stuff as well? I've got the sim card all I really need is a new model.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Ask to buy a phone outright. However, they may not have that particular model outright.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
cheapest way would just be to buy a new optus prepaid phone and throw out the sim starter pack or give it to a friend or something

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)