Help! !!!! (1 Viewer)

patchy20

HSC
i just recieved an extremely hard essay question as an assessment and i am totally lost.

--> discuss the extent to which the law and the legal system reflect the culture, values, and ethics of society in relation to consumers.

i have no idea how to approach this question, and so far my research success has been limited....please help!

if you have anything that may help could you email me el_weasle@hotmail.com

thank you!

manifestation

What?!
HSC
with this question:discuss the extent to which the law and the legal system reflect the culture, values, and ethics of society in relation to consumers.

Your looking at like legislation which has been put forward eg. Trade Practices Act which allows fair practices etc. The legislation reflects consumer rights, like consumers want to be given non faulty goods, they have the right to a refund etc. So legislation is suppose to reflect society and it's values, culture and ethics.

A starting point could be, discussing (brief) about how the state didn't reflect the rights, values etc of society by taking a lassiez faire approach to consumer and how this didn't reflect such as it didn't protect their rights or give them any rights at all.

This is a good site to look at in terms of up to date info and specific examples:

http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/3667
http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/142

manifestation

What?!
HSC
And remember to evaluate using:

–for individuals: equality, accessibility, enforceability, resource efficiency, protection and recognition of individual rights
–for society: resource efficiency, law as a reflection of community standards and expectations, opportunities for enforcement, appeals and review, balance of individual rights and values and community rights and values

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)