Help!! (1 Viewer)

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Underlines for emphases, bulleted lists for any info, subheadings for each section, even comparison tables, etc, are PERFECT for answering long response questions in science. I strongly recommend using these to make your information clear (as I am a messy writer ;3)

For shorter questions, you can decide if you want to use these or not.
O really? I thought all of this stuff wasn't allowed. I'v never seen someone use dotpoints or anything and yes I'm also terrible and conveying what I want to in long sentences so this would be a life saver
Yep these are defs allowed and makes answering so much easier and concise : ) I used literally all the points that oolong said for my answers (for biology/physics long answers, not english).

dumNerd

HSC
Yep these are defs allowed and makes answering so much easier and concise : ) I used literally all the points that oolong said for my answers (for biology/physics long answers, not english).
Wait so what exactly do these teachers look for is it fine as long as you have the information they are looking for or does it need to be structured well and stuff

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Wait so what exactly do these teachers look for is it fine as long as you have the information they are looking for or does it need to be structured well and stuff
Honestly those structures might even be BETTER because it makes the marker clearly see that you've answered the question. For example they ask a compare question, a table would be great, it shows you understand the meaning of compare, and is much easier than paragraphs.

dumNerd

HSC
Honestly those structures might even be BETTER because it makes the marker clearly see that you've answered the question. For example they ask a compare question, a table would be great, it shows you understand the meaning of compare, and is much easier than paragraphs.
I see thanks!!

ezOolong

HSC
I see thanks!!
just a second thought on tables though: it is perhaps not a really great idea for messy writers like us :lol:. You must have a really clear idea of what features you are going to compare and contrast, so usually you would need to plan ahead.

Also for me, I am a very impatient person and I get very triggered for using rulers :/ I just draw freehand waves for the borders, which look disastrous.

I rmb in a chem school exam I used tables for many compare&contrast questions, but they turn out to be too ugly and messy that I got marks deducted for formatting :<

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
just a second thought on tables though: it is perhaps not a really great idea for messy writers like us :lol:. You must have a really clear idea of what features you are going to compare and contrast, so usually you would need to plan ahead.

Also for me, I am a very impatient person and I get very triggered for using rulers :/ I just draw freehand waves for the borders, which look disastrous.

I rmb in a chem school exam I used tables for many compare&contrast questions, but they turn out to be too ugly and messy that I got marks deducted for formatting :<
Yea on that note about planning @dumNerd you can plan at the top of the page for long responses as well using dot points I guess, it makes your response flow and answer the question better while avoiding rambling.

dumNerd

HSC
Yea on that note about planning @dumNerd you can plan at the top of the page for long responses as well using dot points I guess, it makes your response flow and answer the question better while avoiding rambling.
I see thanks!

dumNerd

HSC

If this is allowed why don't ppl just do it is there any downsides? As far as i can tell it not only helps you structure answers and make clear points but also leaves you options to add in stuff if you missed anything

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
If this is allowed why don't ppl just do it is there any downsides? As far as i can tell it not only helps you structure answers and make clear points but also leaves you options to add in stuff if you missed anything
Probably don't know about it, I used it in the HSC so can confirm it's allowed. I forgot which of them I used in the actual HSC but subheadings and underlining, I'm pretty confident I used these in bio/phys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)