He's Just Not That Into You by Greg Behrendt & Liz Tuccillo (1 Viewer)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Thoughts?

The book, not the movie.

I understand the criticism others have of this book. But they fail to understand how it balances out the world when you think of how many girls do not value themselves and stay in terrible relationships.

One of my friends' boyfriend was very protective yet verbally abusive to her without herself really knowing... she left him the day she read this book. I really recommend this read. You're now much more aware of not only your self worth, but exactly the behaviour you and the other should have when you pursue or date someone. It's not like a rule book. It's more of a reminder. Much in the same way when a line of a song HITS you. For someone to articulate how you feel or already know, but you couldn't put it to words, or grasp it properly, is absolutely liberating.

I found myself noticing how "not into" a guy I was when I never returned any of their questions. He was like "so what do you study", and I'd answer but never asked, "what about you?"

And the amount of girls fretting about mixed messages? This book just calms your nerves down, and makes you act right. And not waste all your energy on people who aren't worth your time.

Loved this book. You don't need to be a fretting, single girl who is actively dating to appreciate this. For me, it made me appreciate my singledom and myself a bit more.

And something that stuck out for me:

You are a foxy, excellent human being worthy of love, and the only way you can pursue that idea is by honoring yourself
and it shook me because I thought of when I almost booty called someone I wasn't really attracted to, or when my friend was in hospital and her long term boyfriend didn't visit or even message her the whole time, or when my friend's mum stayed in her abusive relationship "because of the kids".

Good book. Worth the read, worth the reminder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)