• We need YOUR help for the next generation of students! Upload your notes and exams on our Notes & Resources page!

Hey could someone give me a good definition on what operational feasibility is since there is nothing in any of my textbooks. (1 Viewer)

Drdusk

π
HSC
Uni Grad
Have you even tried googling it? There's dozens of websites that give definitions.

neverknow

HSC
Well, Operational Feasibility is rather a simple part of IPT.

A Feasibility study is a basically a formal report that presents and analyses a number of potential solutions and makes a recommendation.

- Economic feasibility: determines whether the system is affordable. This involves a cost/benefit analysis to
determine both initial cost to implement the system and recurring costs to maintain the system.

- Technical feasibility: determines what hardware and software (I.T) is current being used in the existing system
and whether or not it needs upgrading and then determines what I.T current exists.

- Operational feasibility: Will the new system satisfy the participants involved?
The Operational Feasibility basically determines whether the new system will meet the current goals and will have enough support to be implemented successfully. Will participants require new training? Will users require support?

- Scheduling feasibility: determines the timeframe in which the new system must be operational. A Gantt chart
should be used here.

Source: IPT Notes by Mr Brightside (2011 State Ranker)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)