hi 5 for port stephens! (1 Viewer)

Crouch15

HSC
we are going nelsons bay aye thats pretty much next to Port STephens aye..there will be 16 of us

meomeo

HSC
I lived there last year : D
< <;;; near, like in nelson bay.

: D how dodge is Tomaree high!

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
Crouch15 said:
we are going nelsons bay aye thats pretty much next to Port STephens aye..there will be 16 of us
NELSON bay is in port stephens. Port Stephens is the entire area/district and within it has all the various bays (Shoal, Dutchmans, Nelson, Anna, Fingal etc)

I went there with all my friends last year. Good if you're up for making you're own fun.

note: NELSON not nelsonS.

HSC
STaLLiNG STooGe said:
noise! there's about 10 of us going, if that. when you going up?
That's really cool! We haven't booked yet...which is really not good I'm starting to think...but my friend who's organising it said quite possibly somewhere around the 7th December...?

When are you going?

STaLLiNG STooGe

Need I say more?
HSC
TheLadyDisdain said:
That's really cool! We haven't booked yet...which is really not good I'm starting to think...but my friend who's organising it said quite possibly somewhere around the 7th December...?

When are you going?
haha! we're exactly like you guys keke. we haven't booked yet. nodoby except 3 of us are sure, which is really annoying. we have a place though. we're going for about 11 days at the end of November. We were going to go around the same time as you but I don't know anymore...

Monz

HSC
I don't think you really have to freak out about the fact you haven't booked yet, port stephens is no where near as busy as byron or the gold coast at schoolies time.

HSC
STaLLiNG STooGe said:
haha! we're exactly like you guys keke. we haven't booked yet. nodoby except 3 of us are sure, which is really annoying. we have a place though. we're going for about 11 days at the end of November. We were going to go around the same time as you but I don't know anymore...
Don't worry! We're really disorganised too and I have no idea what's happening! It sucks that assessments seem to make everything go out the window!

@Monz: Yeah I guess you're right, which is lucky!

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
However Monz, it is getting busier as years go on as people are moving away from the stereotypical Gold Coast locations. Last year there were a fair few groups up there over the 3-4 week period.

I received a PM from someone off this thread wanting for information on Port Stephens..... don't go anywhere near Anna Bay/Salamander Bay because it is simply put, not a walking distance from Nelson Bay or Shoal Bay (the more densely populated parts of Port Stephens). For that reason stay in the Dutchies, Nelson, Shoal and Fingal Bay areas. Dutchies Bay is a brilliant location for night time antics. Just stay out of the water as last year there were things that nibbled floating about.

Make sure that you are prepared to travel for any "beach parties" that you attempt to organise with other groups. Fingal is generally a good local as there are plenty of trees around to hide your shenanigans.

To add to that, be prepared for a good time if you know how to make ur own fun and are with a close-knit, fun, outgoing group. Don't ignorantly assume that you can book it a week, or month in advance. Last year, we booked at the end of March, early April and accordingly had a cheap house, that was HUGE! Fit 10 people, had a pool table, had a huge kitchen and brilliant space for us all to fit comfortably. First in, best dressed. BUT You don't want to get into the position of booking something with uncommited people who might pull out later, because THERE WILL BE PROBLEMS.

It's a fairly easy place to get to, a simple drive up the F3 for about 2 hours. If not driving, I think there are buses that leave from Central Station, however, you will be a bit restricted by those. Make sure also that you plan VERY WELL. You must be self sufficient, think of everything, from food to toilet paper. If you are staying at a resort/motel then that's a different story though.

I hope my ranting has helped.

chilean11

HSC
madddd there a whole heap of us goin stayin at different houses! at nelson and shoal bay! LOLL umm i just want heaps of ppl there make frends have fun ..u NO all that! theres not much 2 do at nelson, but hoUSE PARTIESS yeahhh babyy!!! umm so i guess theres goin 2 be heaps of uz goin YEAHH??????
coz my school there at least half the grade PLANIN 2 go nelsons! soo i dont noe!
well all goin up after our formal round the end of november@ umm like 20thhh
me and my mates got a house up there. its my mates .. so we can stay up there for how ever long!
soo i just wanna noe if u pppl are goin and wen.. coz one frend wanted 2 go terrigal thinkin there goin 2 be more ppl and yeahh.. i wanna prove him wrong LOL
WRITE backkkk!
email me mejito_chileno@hotmail.com or add me msn!
LOLL kk :)

Last edited:

-matty-

HSC
My family has a holiday house at Fingal Bay.. Might go up there for schoolies.. Didn't expect many people to head to Port Stephens

Jordz

HSC
My group and i (bout 8-10 girls) thinkin of staying in shoal bay anybody else stayin there?

skerno07

HSC
yay for port stephens!!!

schoolies 2007 should be rather tops aye?

T-o-m-m-e-h

HSC
I'm staying in my holiday house in Nelson Bay with about 8-10 other guys... plus theres a group of 3 girls from school staying somewhere as well, so that should be fun. We're hoping to find a few other schoolies groups that have travelled from sydney, so if you know your way around nelson bay and have plans, please let me know =]

HSC
I'm going to Nelson Bay from roughly 21st Nov to 2nd December. One of my friends has a holiday house or something there, so a group of about 20 of us (not a definite number yet) are going up there, with a third of us being girls, and two thirds guys.

Last edited:

Autumn_Rain

HSC
I'm just going to warn you guys... Take it from someone who lives in Port Stephens, there isn't much going on up here. I don't think we have a single nightclub, so be prepared for a quiet one or to make your own entertainment. General demographic is children under 10 or couples over 65.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)