Highest UAI at your school? (1 Viewer)

tennille

HSC
Highest was 98.5...then 98.3, then 98.1...we had about 13 people get above 90. School is co-ed, public and non-selective.

Danoz The Great

HSC
I think i've already written it here, it was 97.3 by a girl called Edith.

It's been higher before, and it seems to be falling every year lol, falling by OH SO MUCH I know!!! :p

Danoz The Great

HSC
andy100 said:
oi does any1 know what school 'max' goes to...cause he's the 21st 100er
max is at Port Macquarie High, which is better than our school. (private)

Trev

stix
HSC
dani_danoz said:
I think i've already written it here, it was 97.3 by a girl called Edith.

It's been higher before, and it seems to be falling every year lol, falling by OH SO MUCH I know!!! :p
Edith actually achieved 97.45 uai, it is not falling every year, there was actually a higher percentage of students above 90.00 this year in comparison to the previous year, regardless of the dux getting 98.95 I think! (?).
Although last year being a grade that "worked hard", even with our "slack" grade, having 200 students, I would expect more 90.00+ UAI's than last year.
I'm sure Hugh will get around the 99.00 mark considering he went so well in Mathematics Extension 1 and Mathematics Extension 2 last year as an accelerant, and is doing Philosophy Distinction (Callie did P.D. also, the person who got 98.95 in 2003).

Last edited:

Danoz The Great

HSC
Trev said:
Edith actually achieved 97.35 uai, it is not falling every year, there was actually a higher percentage of students above 90.00 this year in comparison to the previous year, regardless of the dux getting 98.95 I think! (?).
Although last year being a grade that "worked hard", even with our "slack" grade, having 200 students, I would expect more 90.00+ UAI's than last year.
I'm sure Hugh will get around the 99.00 mark considering he went so well in Mathematics Extension 1 and Mathematics Extension 2 last year as an accelerant, and is doing Philosophy Distinction (Callie did P.D. also, the person who got 98.95 in 2003).
Somebody in 2001/2 got 99.85 - Aodhamir's older sister, Naimh. Don't ask me the last name, it's longer than her first name :p

Trev

stix
HSC
dani_danoz said:
Somebody in 2001/2 got 99.85 - Aodhamir's older sister, Naimh. Don't ask me the last name, it's longer than her first name :p
Ah yes, the teachers tend to mention her alot. I thought she got 99.65 though? Maybe that was the guy that was in her grade, they were in competition because the girl did all English subjects, and the guy did all math subjects and they all thought he would beat her because of the high scaling of his math/sciences. Well, that is what I have been told.

Trev

stix
HSC
dani_danoz said:
Originally Posted by andy100
oi does any1 know what school 'max' goes to...cause he's the 21st 100ermax is at Port Macquarie High, which is better than our school. (private)
I don't think it is the same 'max' you are talking about Danoz, someone definately did not get 100.00 UAI at Port High, i think the highest was 96.xx?

Captain pi

HSC
Trev said:
Edith actually achieved 97.35 uai, it is not falling every year, there was actually a higher percentage of students above 90.00 this year in comparison to the previous year, regardless of the dux getting 98.95 I think! (?).
Eddie got 97.45, Jackson got 97.35.

Thank you for the prediction (I am actually going for a little higher ;) ); but I am not going to evaluate my happiness because of the UAI.

dani_danoz said:
Somebody in 2001/2 got 99.85 - Aodhamir's older sister, Naimh. Don't ask me the last name, it's longer than her first name
Niamh Lenagh-Maguire, sister of Aodhamair; her result thanks to her top band performances in all the English related courses, all the Histories and SOR II. (I think she also studied Maths and Chem.) A very, very, intelligent woman [evaluated from the HSC results in comparison to our school and the state] with a result reflective thereof.

Trev said:
Ah yes, the teachers tend to mention her alot. I thought she got 99.65 though? Maybe that was the guy that was in her grade, they were in competition because the girl did all English subjects, and the guy did all math subjects and they all thought he would beat her because of the high scaling of his math/sciences. Well, that is what I have been told.
I haven't been able to find this guy from the Distinguished Achievers' List, there were a couple of E4s in Extension 2 Maths, but no superlative performances like that.

Last edited:

Trev

stix
HSC
Captain pi said:
Eddie got 97.45, Jackson got 97.35.

Thank you for the prediction (I am actually going for a little higher ;) ); but I am not going to evaluate my happiness because of the UAI.

Niamh Lenagh-Maguire, sister of Aodhamair; her result thanks to her top band performances in all the English related courses, all the Histories and SOR II. (I think she also studied Maths and Chem.) A very, very, intelligent woman [evaluated from the HSC results in comparison to our school and the state] with a result reflective thereof.

I haven't been able to find this guy from the Distinguished Achievers' List, there were a couple of E4s in Extension 2 Maths, but no superlative performances like that.
What uai are you aiming for Hugh? What course at uni do you want to do? (pure mathematics at usyd? :p)
--------
Niamh did Mathematics I was told, but it did not count towards her UAI.
--------
The guy that I am talking about that got 99.65 or something thereabouts, Miss Stuart told me of him, that is how I knew of Niamh also (competing?)
--------
Also, read today (in the nearly pointless school newsletter) you achieved the top marks in the region for maths, congrads again for that.

Captain pi

HSC
Trev said:
Also, read today (in the nearly pointless school newsletter) you achieved the top marks in the region for maths, congrads again for that.
Hehe, I wrote that.

I based it on the fact that the only other people in the region who got in the top bands I knew and I knew that their marks were lower than mine.

Anyway, I think that's enough spam; let's keep on track.

What was the top UAI at a school the reader knows?

HSC
Trev said:
I don't think it is the same 'max' you are talking about Danoz, someone definately did not get 100.00 UAI at Port High, i think the highest was 96.xx?
96.8, and the second highest was 96.6.

HSC
no idea, our grade was fairly full of dumbshits .. i can probably think of five or six people that would've. (i got 89, that's close right? hahah)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)