Hillsong..... (1 Viewer)

HSC
Okay so i've read lots of critisism about hillsong, their music, pastors and people in it...

i just want to know if there are any people who go there...

are in the band, or go to wildlife...

city/ hills/ extention?

just to talk to someone who knows where im coming from...

so if you do contact me...

mariina_gasoliina@live.com.au

gw0ng

HSC
What goes on at Hillsong 'Church' is sadistic and should be illegal.

People crying?
Fuck off.

People touching others with a warm smile attached to their paedophilic faces? Fuck off.

People with arms outstretched to the sky in praise of the 'Lord'?
Fuck off.

Hillsong anyone?
Fuck off.

*Baby-K*

HSC
I think there are different aspects to Hillsong, I went there once just to see what it's like and I have to admit, the atmosphere they create is what sucks people in, some people go overboard with the whole falling down *cause God touched them*, the music isn't bad if you cut out the religious part out- it's like a concert. What I found was different from other churches is that they don't judge you, they try to help people.
I don't however like how they ask 'new comers' to come down the front and then take them somewhere- I didn't go though. The only reason I went all together was because my bf's family are religious and back when he wasn't 18 they made him go to church on Sunday so I went to keep him company.
Hillsong in USA is more like a cult, here I think they just aim to keep children out of trouble and help people. My bf also told me that he used to go to youth group there when he was 14-16 and he played in a band for them, which he enjoyed. Some of his friends still go and they're really nice people- not the fanatics who get all emotional.
BTW the Hillsong I am talking about is the one in the Hills. Oh I also think it's funny how all the boys tend to have a set image of really tight jeans and having their hair in a certain way or wearing a cap.

Zrap

glock9
HSC
One way jesus, you're the only one that i could live for, one way jesus.

*Baby-K*

HSC
I think it's a good social thing, in the Hills they meet at cafes and stuff before they go in so for them it's more entretainment than a choir of going to church

Buttigieg

Elite Member
HSC
*Baby-K* said:
I think it's a good social thing, in the Hills they meet at cafes and stuff before they go in so for them it's more entretainment than a choir of going to church
yeh, your right about the whole cafe stuff, but i'd have to say that its a bit more than just entertainment...like, there is a religious side to things...

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Sometimes those at Hillsng seem to get so caught up in the music that they forget that it's MEANT to be about God, lol.

*Baby-K*

HSC
Buttigieg said:
yeh, your right about the whole cafe stuff, but i'd have to say that its a bit more than just entertainment...like, there is a religious side to things...
Yah I agree there's a religious side to it. Ok let me rephrase it:
It's a good social thing and it's much better/interesting/engaging than sitting in a normal church

Do you go to the one in the Hills?

Buttigieg

Elite Member
HSC
*Baby-K* said:
Yah I agree there's a religious side to it. Ok let me rephrase it:
It's a good social thing and it's much better/interesting/engaging than sitting in a normal church

Do you go to the one in the Hills?
yep, your right, but hillsong isnt the only church that does that. Its just because its the biggest that you see it more, like, ive been to other churches which are just as engaging/interesting and relevant as hillsong is.

yeh, i go to the one in the Hills.

black_kat_meow said:
Sometimes those at Hillsng seem to get so caught up in the music that they forget that it's MEANT to be about God, lol.
that is probably true, but, i think that would only be some of the people. Being a big church, you get alot of different people who come there and for different reasons. Some people are genuinely passionate about God and the church, others are there for the music, and i even know people who go there just to pick up. The thing is, all these people are accepted, no matter what they come there for...

*Baby-K*

HSC
sparkerasp said:
What on earth is a Hillsong thread doing in a HSC Music thread?
lol cause that's one of the things Hillsong is mostly associated with- it's original music. My bf's dad still plays a guitar for them :eek:

dolbinau

HSC
I'm an atheist so I hate all churches, but I have to admit some of the Hillsong music is catchy. I don't even know why I have it, well I do, I went to a Catholic (two) high schools. But. If someone can identify it I'd be intrigued.

"To the ends of the earth" (well I've got that one)

There is also one more, the lyrics are like, "I will go where you send me, Jesus take me ..something..I am yours..Here I am send me". Pretty Cheesy but cool, I like the 'modulation' <(THERE ON TOPIC)

But yeah. IDK. 'pparently hillsong steal your money and shitz.

Buttigieg

Elite Member
HSC
dolbinau said:
I'm an atheist so I hate all churches, but I have to admit some of the Hillsong music is catchy. I don't even know why I have it, well I do, I went to a Catholic (two) high schools. But. If someone can identify it I'd be intrigued.

"To the ends of the earth" (well I've got that one)

There is also one more, the lyrics are like, "I will go where you send me, Jesus take me ..something..I am yours..Here I am send me". Pretty Cheesy but cool, I like the 'modulation' <(THERE ON TOPIC)

But yeah. IDK. 'pparently hillsong steal your money and shitz.
"To the ends of the earth" - nice song! and yes i can identify with it if thats what your talking about...
oh, and the other song is actually by planet shakers, not hillsong, but i think hillsong has played it at their church....its called here i am.

and no, Hillsong doesnt "steal" your money, LOL!

Miffstaa said:
is it true that if you are a part of hillsong, that you have to give 20-30? of your income to the church?
No, not true. The thing is, "giving" is part of being a christian, and part of the religion...its called tithes and offerings, and christians are told in the bible to give to their church their tithes and offerings...so now, technically, most people who go to hillsong do give money to the church, and each person gives whatever they want, but it is not necessary....and is not bound to hillsong. ALL churches I know of collect tithes/offerings which goes towards things like paying the bills, and expanding the church, and having simple facilities....

Churches are non-profit "organisations" - they require donations (tithes/offerings) to run in the first place...

Miffstaa

HSC
Buttigieg said:
"To the ends of the earth" - nice song! and yes i can identify with it if thats what your talking about...
oh, and the other song is actually by planet shakers, not hillsong, but i think hillsong has played it at their church....its called here i am.

and no, Hillsong doesnt "steal" your money, LOL!

No, not true. The thing is, "giving" is part of being a christian, and part of the religion...its called tithes and offerings, and christians are told in the bible to give to their church their tithes and offerings...so now, technically, most people who go to hillsong do give money to the church, and each person gives whatever they want, but it is not necessary....and is not bound to hillsong. ALL churches I know of collect tithes/offerings which goes towards things like paying the bills, and expanding the church, and having simple facilities....

Churches are non-profit "organisations" - they require donations (tithes/offerings) to run in the first place...

ahhh sorry that ? was supposed to be %. oh thats what everyone was saying, and a reason for why they believed it was corrupt :S
meh so many rumours.

Buttigieg

Elite Member
HSC
Miffstaa said:
ahhh sorry that ? was supposed to be %. oh thats what everyone was saying, and a reason for why they believed it was corrupt :S
meh so many rumours.
lol, kk. yeh, lots of rumours! in the bible somewhere (cant remember where though, lol) it says to give 10% (its like a law from the old testament) but its up to the individual....hillsong doesnt make the rules.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)