Hip-hop (1 Viewer)

choc-chip

HSC
Hip-hop

Personally, i dun like the way it dresses, but i do fascinated in the movement, dun think gals like it in syd. Anwayz, any one into it?

Last edited:
HSC
alot of girls love it in sydney...im in sydney and basically every car i see with a girl in it is playing it, but they don't like 'real' hip hop just the pop rap shit like chingy and ja rule.

I don't really like the fashion ever but ah well

Bone577

HSC
N/A
I remember the good old days of black pop-culture, back when it was good.

93-96 were the days of rap, these days it is all for the most part rubish. Even artists recording over the times, compare Eternal-East.1999 by Bone Thugs to ThugWorldOrder or Ressurection, no comparison. Or even the Snoop Dogg (whos music I don't even like) of yesteryear to now.

These days all they ever rap about is themselves, in the old days it was about shooting stuff and politics.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
hip hop was all about conveying a message, whether political or personal. though these days, they are conveying the wrong messages. hopefully they will come to their senses and help rebuild what was once a genre which i could actually listen to and digest the lyrics, instead of the commercial garbage of recycled beats and repetitive lyrics that is today.

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
hip hop is good to dance to
australian hip hop is good, not my fav. style of music
i like The Herd!!
but yeah, not into american hip hop, or anything top 40 reallyy

lengstar

HSC
Don't forget 'You Got Served'. I love the hip hop scene in Sydney clubs and the girls love the RnB that usually accompanies it for an even mix.

HSC
N/A
choc-chip said:
i was talkin abt the dance
I love it and wish I did more...

I love Commercial as well, but there's nothing quite so satisfying as a "real" hiphop dance as opposed to a jazz dance "beefed up" to Eminem or something like that.

VX1-08U

lengstar said:
Don't forget 'You Got Served'. I love the hip hop scene in Sydney clubs and the girls love the RnB that usually accompanies it for an even mix.
'You Got Served' was shit ...

RnB superclub at Fox is alright ... in both music and talent.

Bone577

HSC
N/A
VX1-08U said:
'You Got Served' was shit ...

RnB superclub at Fox is alright ... in both music and talent.
Don't forget Save the Last Dance and Honey were shit too. If it floats your boat then that's great, but from a critics point of view they were complete garbage.

VX1-08U

Bone577 said:
Don't forget Save the Last Dance and Honey were shit too. If it floats your boat then that's great, but from a critics point of view they were complete garbage.
Honey wasn't too bad ... maybe I wasn't playing enough attention to the actual movie and too much on Jessica Alba.

SamuelB

HSC
Jase said:
so what the hell is "hip-hop"
As far as I'm aware hip-hop is technically a term that emcompasses the four areas of: Breakdancing, MC'ing (rapping), Beatboxing and Graffiti.

Altough I'm guessing you're refering more to it simply as a genre of music... which I don't know much about, I only ever like breakdancing anyway. lol.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
SamuelB said:
As far as I'm aware hip-hop is technically a term that emcompasses the four areas of: Breakdancing, MC'ing (rapping), Beatboxing and Graffiti.

Altough I'm guessing you're refering more to it simply as a genre of music... which I don't know much about, I only ever like breakdancing anyway. lol.
Itz actually breakdancin, MCin, graffitin and DJin.
Beatboxin iz the so called "5th element" of hip hop.

paganinio

HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
alot of girls love it in sydney...im in sydney and basically every car i see with a girl in it is playing it, but they don't like 'real' hip hop just the pop rap shit like chingy and ja rule.

I don't really like the fashion ever but ah well
Chingy is good.IMO

kotic

Hip hop is the culture. Rap is the music.
Breakdancing or bboying is the dance.
Chingy sucks.
PS any bboys here?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)