Hiring Manager (1 Viewer)

Papercutter

HSC
Hi guys, this is probably a stupid question to ask but since I couldn't find the answer through Google search, I'm wondering how to employment process works for general franchises.

Does the manager at each store have the responsibility of hiring staff or is that up to the "top" people of the company/business itself (I.e. Human Resources). I know most franchises have online applications but in the case that there is no website, would contacting the store (the particular one I applied for) for a follow up call be okay? I handed my resume in person btw because as mentioned, there was no online process for it.

Probably a bit late to apply for Christmas holidays anyway lol!

MrInoeverthin

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi guys, this is probably a stupid question to ask but since I couldn't find the answer through Google search, I'm wondering how to employment process works for general franchises.

Does the manager at each store have the responsibility of hiring staff or is that up to the "top" people of the company/business itself (I.e. Human Resources). I know most franchises have online applications but in the case that there is no website, would contacting the store (the particular one I applied for) for a follow up call be okay? I handed my resume in person btw because as mentioned, there was no online process for it.

Probably a bit late to apply for Christmas holidays anyway lol!
M9, if there are no current vacancies, then they wont hire you.

In reference to the scenario above, for a large corporate franchise, I think you would need to approach the Manager or someone called the 'Recruiter'.
Plus, follow-ups, either calls or in person is really good. Shows you're determined and keen to get a job. So it's good.

Hope I helped!

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
Nah the store manager does all the hiring. The top people generally don't have anything to do with operations of the stores. Give them a call to find out how your application is going, because it will show them that you're keen.

Last edited:

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
I used to work at Donut King. Free donuts bruh. They had no online applications. I basically handed in my resume in store, and yeah the manager hired me

Papercutter

HSC
Nah the store manager does all the hiring. The top people generally don't have anything to do with operations of the stores. Give them a call to find out how your application is going, because it will show them that you're keen.
Cheers panda!

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
certain manager does it, i do it for my store, if u keep ringing up and asking about ur application ill just tell u its fine while dumping ur info in the trash

enoilgam

HSC
Always try to contact the hiring manager if possible - HR/recruiters will just tell you to go through the formal process (aka the black hole).

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm under the impression it varies depending on the franchise model itself as well as the role you're applying for- I suspect in most cases, each individual franchisee is responsible for their own hiring decisions but they use material/support/frameworks provided to them by the franchisor. Obviously it can vary if it's a company owned location.

Expect there are differences if you're going for store manager or to be a franchisee where the central function would typically be responsible for reviewing/considering/interviewing/etc to see if you're fit for the brand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)