Historical period textbook (1 Viewer)

rink

HSC
What textbook does everyone use for historical periods? If there is one that is particularly good for old kingdom egypt (unification to end of dynasty 6), that would be good
ta

X

xeuyrawp

rink said:
What textbook does everyone use for historical periods? If there is one that is particularly good for old kingdom egypt (unification to end of dynasty 6), that would be good
ta
There really are only two NSW-specific textbooks: Lawless' one and Bradley's one. I'd look at both, but your teacher really should have advised you.

hipPo3

HSC
mt teacher gave us notes .. i dunno from which book tho

56 pages of A4 Unification to O.K..
now i just goto Maq Uni Library .. they have tons of books for sources .. amazing

X

xeuyrawp

hipPo3 said:
mt teacher gave us notes .. i dunno from which book tho

56 pages of A4 Unification to O.K..
That's a lot of unecessary notes... Try cut them down a bit.

now i just goto Maq Uni Library .. they have tons of books for sources .. amazing
Anway, I wouldn't have thought we had anything that would be usefull for HSC OKE stuff. :S

It's all primary archaeological reports (I have a huge collection of them now), mainly. All the basic stuff is buried under mountains of Kanawati's dig at el Akhmim.

hipPo3

HSC
PwarYuex said:
yes, very .. but most of them were useless anyway

PwarYuex said:
Anway, I wouldn't have thought we had anything that would be usefull for HSC OKE stuff. :S

It's all primary archaeological reports (I have a huge collection of them now), mainly. All the basic stuff is buried under mountains of Kanawati's dig at el Akhmim.
well .. u peeps do have notes on specifics.. like Imhotep (incase there would be a Q in the HSC like "Assess the contributions and impact of any TWO Old Kingdom Viziers" or something like that, there was one in the 2004 HSC past paper but with queens)

theres more info on unification.. and info on the first Kings and Queens of 1st n 2nd Dynasty

i dont normally goto libraries.. so maq library would be the biggest ive been to and so i would find it more useful then my local one.

butterflybird

HSC
PwarYuex said:
*Picks self off floor after delirious laughing fit*
If you're only talking about notes that teachers give.. 56 pages is NOTHING! My god... the piles and piles of paper... I mourn for the rainforests that have been killed for the sake of my class' ancient history HSC.
However if it's your own summarised notes, then yes, yes that is crazy.

hipPo3

HSC
butterflybird said:
If you're only talking about notes that teachers give.. 56 pages is NOTHING! My god... the piles and piles of paper... I mourn for the rainforests that have been killed for the sake of my class' ancient history HSC.
noooway ... my teacher prefers to give us notes from different books then just the textbook to learn .. that way we learn more things cause some stuff the books dont have :)

so far ive only got around 5 or so pages of worthy notes :D

X

xeuyrawp

butterflybird said:
Jesus, what an annoying boser....

rink

HSC
PwarYuex said:
There really are only two NSW-specific textbooks: Lawless' one and Bradley's one. I'd look at both, but your teacher really should have advised you.
Thank u......would u happen to have the names of those textbooks? and no my teacher sucks, she didn't give us any textbook for it......just a bunch of activity sheets, like as if we're kids or sumthing

hipPo3

HSC
kids books are sometimes useful..
esp find-a-words .. they help remmber particular things

X

xeuyrawp

rink said:
Thank u......would u happen to have the names of those textbooks? and no my teacher sucks, she didn't give us any textbook for it......just a bunch of activity sheets, like as if we're kids or sumthing
All of Pam Bradley's books are Ancient ____: Reconstruction the Past, and Jenifer Lawless' Studies in Ancient Egypt: Periods and Personalities.

Personally, I prefer Bradley for classical stuff and Lawless for Egypt. If you're really patient, you can wait for my book :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)