History Extension Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

Yakult1

HSC
Starting this because no one else will. Soooooo... what are everyones thoughts and predictions? Personally I think that this subject doesnt offer too much but interpretative questions. But if you have anything to offer, post it here pls :D

DarkOperator618

HSC
Starting this because no one else will. Soooooo... what are everyones thoughts and predictions? Personally I think that this subject doesnt offer too much but interpretative questions. But if you have anything to offer, post it here pls :D
I'm kinda screwd negl

how tf do u structure the essay lmfao

zizi2003_

HSC
havent written an essay for it ever since trials LOL
so ik im screwed
but then again, it isnt going to my atar so like whateva 🤩

Yakult1

HSC
I'm kinda screwd negl

how tf do u structure the essay lmfao
I guess thats the hard part, like zbolland said it's mostly dependent on the question. For the first question what I like to do is identify schools of thought that I think will be relevant to my argument during my first read of the source, just so I can quickly grasp what quotes I'll need to be using and what kind of arguments I'll be making. Then I usually get into the specifics and think about a unique argument/point of view that I can offer that relates to the question and the source. That ability to be able to develop and express your "historians voice" in relation to the source and essay question in the exam is essentially what the markers are looking for in your response which is why I place so much importance on not just chronologically outlining what schools of thought said what, but rather I make an attempt to posit original yet sensible historiographical arguments when I'm writing.

zbolland

HSC
yeahhh g exam to finish the hsc with, sec2 question was nice and sec1 question was pretty interesting tbh. lots of room for interpretation which i thought was nice

Yakult1

HSC
they must be gifted to have such a competent memory and or work ethic
I do all 3 and am first in my class for all 3 as well. Its just memorisation and spamming practice papers honestly. Ive sent my teachers so many essays this year ive honestly lost count.

I LOVED THAT FUCKING EXAM thank you nesa for being kind :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)