Hopeee!? (1 Viewer)

Flise

HSC
Hey all,

Given in 2021 52% of students doing Eng advanced obtained a Band 5, and based on my internals (currently sitting on 72%) (Trials are in 2 weeks) is it still realistic for me to try and get a band 6 without severely jeopardising my performance in my other subjects? I do eco, business, 4u, 3u math (ranked 1-2 in each one). Thanks.

Also is that 90+ ATAR still feasible with a band 5 in eng, given I am able to secure B6's and E4's in my other subjects?

P.S The only way I get a band 6 in eng is if I somehow clutch a 95 for both the trials and hsc exam, but at what cost?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Generally speaking, a band 6 in English Advanced is not needed for a 90+ ATAR, provided you can achieve high band 5's/E3's and band 6's/E4's in the rest of your subjects. Your current rank in English Advanced, in addition to the number of band 6's achieved at your school in this subject, can give an indication of your current level of performance as well as the level of performance that you need to attain in order to maximise your chance of achieving a band 6.

If there is a disparity between your current level of performance and a more favourable level of performance in terms of achieving a band 6 (which seems to be the case if you need a substantial increase in marks as you mentioned), focusing on achieving a band 6 in English Advanced could possibly present a negative effect on your other subjects because of the likely need to allocate more study time towards this subject, a repercussion of which may be less effective preparations for your other subjects. This is a risk that you should probably avoid, especially given your excellent position across your other subjects, which you appear to be able to maintain as you complete your trial exams and ultimately, your HSC exams.

I hope this helps! :D

tito981

HSC
Hey all,

Given in 2021 52% of students doing Eng advanced obtained a Band 5, and based on my internals (currently sitting on 72%) (Trials are in 2 weeks) is it still realistic for me to try and get a band 6 without severely jeopardising my performance in my other subjects? I do eco, business, 4u, 3u math (ranked 1-2 in each one). Thanks.

Also is that 90+ ATAR still feasible with a band 5 in eng, given I am able to secure B6's and E4's in my other subjects?

P.S The only way I get a band 6 in eng is if I somehow clutch a 95 for both the trials and hsc exam, but at what cost?
i got a mid b5 in english, you defo can get 90+ atar. you dont even need any e4's/b6s to get a 90 atar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)