How are you guys preparing for Mod C? (1 Viewer)

liv888

HSC
It's a bit late to be asking this question but I'm curious. For imaginative are yall memorising a base imaginative or nah? I understand for discursive it's a bit different where remembering some sort of base discursive would be good, but for creative how would u adapt the imaginative to the question?

icycledough

HSC
I'm not sure if you may agree with this, but I'd say Mod C is the module which requires the most adaptation and versatility on the day, especially if creatives you've been working on don't address the question. Thus, having a range of Mod C pieces (3-4, ideally 1 of each type as they are free to ask you to write in a specific style if they want to) would be the best way to go about it. The good thing about these pieces is that unlike the other modules, you pretty much just have to remember the main ideas and character developments, and then should be able to adapt it on the day.

liv888

HSC
Ok solid thanks, I might just pass away in the exam, my mod c narrative is the epitome of disappointing. Gonna have to head down and grind to get english done smh.

What are the chances they'll hit us with a curve ball persuasive-?

zizi2003_

HSC
Ok solid thanks, I might just pass away in the exam, my mod c narrative is the epitome of disappointing. Gonna have to head down and grind to get english done smh.

What are the chances they'll hit us with a curve ball persuasive-?
lol the last time i wrote a persuasive was like 2 years ago
at this point im just hoping that they give us a choice of form ://
are you memorising anything for mod C?

liv888

HSC
Yeah same im on my hands and knees begging for a choice
I have a base discursive that I can adapt, but otherwise, I think I'm going to just come up with small plots that can adapt to the question.

liv888

HSC
i have a prewritten creative and some ideas for a discursive although i was never taught how to actually write a discursive. tbh i have no idea how to approach mod c so im kind of pretending it doesnt exist.
That's fair, if u close ur eyes and u cant see it, does it really exist?

uniqueusername1

HSC
It's a bit late to be asking this question but I'm curious. For imaginative are yall memorising a base imaginative or nah? I understand for discursive it's a bit different where remembering some sort of base discursive would be good, but for creative how would u adapt the imaginative to the question?
Good question. So in the morning I wake up sharp 6:30 am and I pray for an hour or two for a reflection. Then after an hour break I pray three hours for a non-extract question. Following by a nice 30 minute session where I pray for a free for all (just testing my luck with the last one).

But in seriousness: I've memorised a discrusive on my mod c text (as I didn't read it lol) -> The question was: By reading widely we are exposed to new ideas which make us think more deeply. Write a discursive or persuasive which explores this statement on the basis of your mod c text.

I've memorised 2x broad creative, a creative in the perspective of an insignificant character.

Other than that i'm winging it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)