How can I gain 10% in my physics mark.. ? (1 Viewer)

pcreedy

HSC
N/A
by doing only 30 mins work? :cool:

Learn the SI units! You will gain 10%, I promise.

It only takes 30 mins to memorise them and you will never lose marks through these errors again.
For further info on how SI units get you marks see HSC Success :D

Good luck to all !

ben

Originally posted by pcreedy
by doing only 30 mins work? :cool:

Learn the SI units! You will gain 10%, I promise.

It only takes 30 mins to memorise them and you will never lose marks through these errors again.
For further info on how SI units get you marks see HSC Success :D

Good luck to all !
SI units? Its that like nano metres is 10^4 or something like that?

Dahvood

nano = 10^(-9) (i htink)

si units include meters (instead of km, cm etc) seconds (instead of min, hours, days) kg (instead of gm's, tons)

things like that

basically plugging meters into the formula's which need meters, and not trying centimeters instead.

ben

hmm...i probably should revise physics before the exam tomorrow :(

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
yer! I totally agree!

u know wat else can boost your makrs by 70%?
learning how read. Coz aparently the test is in english and if u dunno how to read, then that's a total catastrophe.

:(

Jenn

thats coz soo the big mark questions are all crap on the impact of various scients.. and what they did, how they affect the environment.. the maths in physics is almost gone..... and those are either multiple choice or 2 mark questions....

And you're complaining??? :eek:
I mean, come on, throw me some explain/evaluate questions-- it's better than asking me how old my twin will be after they go to space and come back-- who gives a crap if she's gonna be older than me? That means she's not my twin anymore

Damn physics

Originally posted by Bon
lol, I actually like the questions which ask you to explain, if you understand it, they're generally pretty easy.
they're generally pretty easy even when you just remember the explanation from the text book without understanding it ;)
-- maybe harder to remember so much stuff, but hey, it gets me by

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
since physics is my worst subject, im jus gonna memorise the texts and forget about understanding it all....haha although that can be a remedy for disaster

Originally posted by MinAi
since physics is my worst subject, im jus gonna memorise the texts and forget about understanding it all....haha although that can be a remedy for disaster
Sound suspiciously like me.... :)

By the time I actually get around to trying to understand the physics language, it'll be way too late...

Damn memory better serve in the exams.. or else..... :( uh-ohhh

if you dont know a unit, then make it up - eg.

F=ma
F=100*9.8
F=980 N

if you 'forgot' that force was in N, then you could say

F=ma
F=100*9.8
F=980 kgm(s^-1)

its still correct and you dont loose hsc marks. my tutor taught me that

pcreedy

HSC
N/A
Yes, that is another way to do it if you forget the SI units of the answer. :)
You will still need to remember to convert the units in the question to SI first (eg grams to kg, cm/s2 to m/s2, kN to N etc) for that method to work.

Hint: Most of the SI units you will need are on the 'Physics Data Sheet' included in your exam. However they are buried a bit ( kg, m, s, N, J, m/s2 etc) ;)

smithy

Personally i think science is turning more and more into english than anything else- we've even gotta get the right verb- "explain", or whatever- they can't expect us to remember the structure of an explanation when the course has been beefed up with a whole bunch of stuff you've got to remember!

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Our physics lecturer at uni is always making fun of the new 'touchy-feely' HSC physics course. :p

ben

Originally posted by Lazarus
Our physics lecturer at uni is always making fun of the new 'touchy-feely' HSC physics course. :p
Our physics teacher spends half the time talking about how crap each of the dot-points are..

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I'm at Sydney Uni - the touchy feely thing is a joke, referring to the subjective nature of the new physics course. Maybe you had to be there. :p

ben

Originally posted by Lazarus
I'm at Sydney Uni - the touchy feely thing is a joke, referring to the subjective nature of the new physics course. Maybe you had to be there. :p
no, i think we all get it. the whole HSC is touch-feely "ethical" "historical context" etc...

smithy

fully

What an excellent explanation "touchy feely hsc"- but we're only forced to do the bloody thing- no longer can you get by with some simple know-how about how to derive formulas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)