How difficult did you find the Eco exam? (1 Viewer)

How hard was 2012's Economics HSC Exam?

• 10 - Extremely difficult

Votes: 9 8.1%

Votes: 2 1.8%

Votes: 4 3.6%

Votes: 8 7.2%

Votes: 3 2.7%

Votes: 21 18.9%

Votes: 10 9.0%

Votes: 19 17.1%

Votes: 15 13.5%
  • 1 - Extremely easy

Votes: 20 18.0%

• Total voters

Rawf

HSC
2. Too easy, no twists, no definitions.
The essay questions - too easy as well! I did Q28 but I sort of ran out of time so I couldn't talk about external stability and environment :( I think I'm limited to 16/20 for that.

CommunityFan

HSC
The essay questions - too easy as well! I did Q28 but I sort of ran out of time so I couldn't talk about external stability and environment :( I think I'm limited to 16/20 for that.
woww I thought I'm the only guy who have time management problem with this question xD I reckoned the essay was too broad :p

HSC
I really liked the multiple choice and short answers section :) Dont start on extended ahaha..could of done better if i refreshed BOP and policies rather than labour market policies and environmental sustainability

RishBonjour

HSC
My teacher got pissed because I didin't talk about envrionment (had some quality shiz on it)

Did eco growth, unemployment, inflation, extern stability and income inequality
don't know How i flushed out 14 pages (didn't even exceed 10 pages in trials)

forgot to talk about political constraints though and didn't have time to do income inequality/ unemployment conflict. so yeah probably lose 3-4 marks.

EDIT:
I would fkn lol if half the people saying "its pretty easy" don't get a band 6.

It wasn't "piss easy" it was easier than other tests. Was expecting a challenging one after last year's test tbh

Last edited:

Rawf

HSC
woww I thought I'm the only guy who have time management problem with this question xD I reckoned the essay was too broad :p
Definitely. They should have just stated 2 eco objectives... rather than all 6. I had 55 mins for each essay - i spent 1hr on the first one which left me with 50 mins for the last one.
But eh, to have a good analysis on all 6 objectives would require much more paper than what they provided (I went onto a spare booklet) and much more than 50 minutes time lmao

paddydbarry

HSC
Im pretty sure you were not required to talk about all objectives.

How successful is the australian governments policies in achieving objectives(you could pick one or two) that how i took it anyway.

ismeta

HSC
Ah, I talked about the six objectives....I had an hour left for that, so I churned out six and a half pages, more than my usual four - and I didn't even flesh out environmental and inequality properly :( Hand dead. Wish the exam was a bit harder though!

Rawf

HSC
Im pretty sure you were not required to talk about all objectives.

How successful is the australian governments policies in achieving objectives(you could pick one or two) that how i took it anyway.
err. I think you should've addressed all 6 objectives to get full marks for the exam.
The way I structured mine was I talked about macro and micro policies EG:
Starts with fiscal policy - link it to some of the goals say its successful, then how it dampens other ones
Monetary - same thing
Micro policy - same thing

Conclusion - achieve some goals successfully, conflicting objectives etc etc

But I forgot to link them to enviro and external stability. However I think enviro needed a separate paragraph of its own (unless you slot it under fiscal or micro) when talking about like market based, putting a tax on externalities, complete ban etc. I was gonna slot it in at the end but no time :(

gorab

HSC
Q28 was way too broad, too much to talk about, too high chance of missing some important parts so I just did the case study lol
I wonder how they'll mark it, such an easy question...

Ich Mag Sechs

HSC
err. I think you should've addressed all 6 objectives to get full marks for the exam.
Starts with fiscal policy - link it to some of the goals say its successful, then how it dampens other ones
Monetary - same thing

But I forgot to link them to enviro and external stability. However I think enviro needed a separate paragraph of its own (unless you slot it under fiscal or micro) when talking about like market based, putting a tax on externalities, complete ban etc. I was gonna slot it in at the end but no time :(
Were you allowed to talk about monetary policy? I thought the question was asking specifically for the government policies and well, the RBA isn't directly controlled by the government. I wasn't sure whether or not to discuss it so I just left it out, idk.

paddydbarry

HSC
Monetary - same thing

I did similar, i talked about growth, employment, inflation, income equality, external accounts stability, micro for efficiency in labour markets and envio.

I just think you could have specilised say on stability, income equality and employment and still achieved full marks. or close too

Rawf

HSC
Were you allowed to talk about monetary policy? I thought the question was asking specifically for the government policies and well, the RBA isn't directly controlled by the government. I wasn't sure whether or not to discuss it so I just left it out, idk.
Erm, I think it should be considered a 'government policy'. The RBA acts on behalf of the government.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)