How do I become a Music Teacher? (1 Viewer)

Lexi

HSC
N/A
What the hell do I do? Do I have to do a solid music course, and then so a DipEd at the end, or do I have any other options? Help anyone??

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
...one of my friends is a music teacher - altough after 2 years teaching kids he's totally off it :rolleyes:
I know he went to tafe and did a music course and then went on to uni.. meh I'm no help
but I'll ask anyway...

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
tried looking at Conservatorium yet (USYD)? I think getting L.Mus or A.Mus in whichever field is sufficient. A Bacherlor of education for school is good. Lmus and Amus is best for private teaching :)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Any of BMus, DMus, TMus, LMus, MMus, or DipMus can get you on your way to a teaching career, when combined with at least a DipEd. You would, however, be best advised to go for the Con and snag yourself a BMus.

Oh, just so you know, the order is A, L, T, B, M, D (Dip doesn't really belong anywhere in there because it's not a "degree"). Associate, Licensiate, Teacher, Bachelor, Master, Doctor. Anything after BMus requires actual university study, though A, L and T can be done directly through the AMEB.

Dingo, who is that in your avatar? Your little sister? (seriously)

Lexi

HSC
N/A
Thankyou so much guys!

I owe you one.
:apig:

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
actually shes 1st year uni...
some people just naturally look young
i know heaps of girls that still look like their in year 10 and they goto uni.. (asian girls in particular)

peace^^

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
just do B. MusEd at a conservatorium (USyd, UNSW, UoW, UWS - they all have B.MusEd courses)

bear in mind the criterion for it though, which is audition in the instrument you are intending on majoring in and there are specific requirements for that, music skills test (which is roughly about AMEB 6 for USyd) a UAI of about 80 and if you want to do education -- an inteview and criminal background check of course.

let me know if you want more info....

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by Dingo2004
actually shes 1st year uni...
some people just naturally look young
i know heaps of girls that still look like their in year 10 and they goto uni.. (asian girls in particular)
Really? In your course?

I know a pile of girls like that too, they're all asian. Mega-cute short Singaporean girls in UNSW CommLaw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)