• We need YOU to help the next generation of students in the community for the new syllabus!
    Share your notes and trial papers on our Notes & Resources page
  • Like us on facebook here

How do i Improve for english (1 Viewer)

HSC
im lost. I just got my marks back (18/24) and im not happy with it. Guys were pulling of 23/24 and i really want to do something like that. i know this doesn't come easy but i need a guide because my school is actual crap and especially because this new syllabus is bit weird without the area of study. So does anyone have any guides or ideas as to how to improve for English.

I DO STANDARD ENGLISH.

PLZ HELP

HSC
Write essays based on the syllabus and check out other essays and look at the way they structure theirs. In our school we use a tee box. So you would say something like the use of the technique within the line ''example'' positions the responder.

techniquesexampleeffect on the responder

_rakelt

HSC
I did standard english as well and got a band 6. When I did stand eng I really wanted to stand out : ) For me, I like to improve and expand my vocabulary and I looked over many sample essays, then took time to write my own practice essays using words that made sense and stood out.

I think receiving teacher feedback is CRUCIAL. I was always so shy to ask for help, so I would email them rather than ask for help irl. Good Luck!

dasfas

HSC
I'd recommend Advanced Eng in y11, drop down to Standard Eng in y12 if you feel like the load is too much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)