How do I manage stress levels in the lead up to my half yearly (1 Viewer)

kainetalbot

HSC
Hey guys and gals,
Recently I have been having some family problems and due to constant bullying at school when I get home I usually go into my room and escape into my own little world...(phone)... and I don't get much study done, if any at all... I have recently posted a few threads about studying and I have received some great advice from some really nice people... my main problem is that at times I have a very short temper and I keep telling myself not to get physical with the people who are bullying me because it could result in me being expelled... because I cant do the things I feel like doing I get super frustrated and eventually have a mental breakdown... plz help me I am in need of help so that I can prove the haters and doubters wrong and get somewhere in my life

Bina8

HSC
Hi I know how you feel, do you want to study together? Or talk..I have similar problems to you
But I also have determination to get somewhere to prove people wrong
I'm the same trust me..

A Light Switch

Somewhere northwest of the south, adjacent to the
HSC
Hey, so sorry to hear about what's happening to you. First thing you need to do is talk to somebody. It's better to talk and get your troubles off your chest than bottle it all up. Organisations such as headspace and lifeline are here for you 24/7 so whenever you need to talk to somebody, you always have them. If you have a school counsellor, make an appointment with them anytime. They are here to help you.

In terms of study/work, as it can be one of the leading stress causes, I believe it's important to have balance between schoolwork/study and other thing. If you do nothing but study all the time, you will burn yourself out and you will end up being more stressed. Doing something that can get your mind off of school/personal issues can help reduce that stress. Set out some time after school for work/activities/things you enjoy and once those are done, then do your study (or other way around). When studying, do it in 30-45 min blocks, then reward yourself with 5 min breaks for snacks or to check facebook etc. then do another 30-45 min until end of study sesh.

Obviously I can't tell you what to do in terms of how to reduce stress. Overall, you just need to find something that you feel comfortable with and stick to it. Wish everything is OK on your end fellow HSC grad and take care.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)