How do i my improve clarity of writing? (1 Viewer)

Dane Red

HSC
Recently got feedback on one of my HSC tasks, with one of the pieces of feedback being clarity of writing. How do i improve my clarity of writing.

MJRey

HSC
You can improve clarity by creating a pointed thesis that links directly to the question, carrying it through the entire essay and ensuring that the structure of your response is logical and cohesive. For instance, in one body paragraph, you should be able to make a point, provide evidence, elaborate on the evidence and then move on seamlessly to your next piece of evidence. Do not go on tangents. Try to explain concepts in a way that you will understand them and your marker will understand them. Whilst having a sophisticated vocabulary allows you to gain access to higher marks, ensure you fully understand the sophisticated words you want to use before writing because this in itself will improve the clarity of your response. If you have to, get to the bare bones of your argument without fluffing it up too much so that your point stands out.

chaevely_park

HSC
CAUSE AND EFFECT IS YOUR BEST FRIEND!!
A cause and effect thesis and topic sentences literally make your life so much easier. All you have to do is establish the cause, then prove the effect - this will make your idea progression super clear. If you have 3-4 pieces of analysis per para (which you should btw), split them up 1-2 or 2-1 or even better, 2-2, of the cause and effect in your topic sentence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)