How do I tell my dad I want to drop chem?? (1 Viewer)

vivswithluv

HSC
I need some advice on how to approach the topic because my dad is strict and set on me continuing chem...
Also, I have two major works (society and culture and visual arts) so I guess dropping chem would allow me more time to focus on that.

D-BOSS

HSC
N/A
So I can tell you have a helicopter dad. So, put your dad in a good mood (it's OK if you don't but it'll certainly help). Next, start slowly by telling your dad, "Listen. Dad. Can I tell you something". Then you say, "I want to drop chem. If you want me to get a good ATAR, I need to drop chem". You can tell how you empathise with his good intentions but say I need a good ATAR for a good future and right now chem won't allow me to do just that". I don't know say something like that. Since he's strict, I presume he wants you to get a good ATAR, so by dropping chem, you can do just that. Try it out.

vivswithluv

HSC
So I can tell you have a helicopter dad. So, put your dad in a good mood (it's OK if you don't but it'll certainly help). Next, start slowly by telling your dad, "Listen. Dad. Can I tell you something". Then you say, "I want to drop chem. If you want me to get a good ATAR, I need to drop chem". You can tell how you empathise with his good intentions but say I need a good ATAR for a good future and right now chem won't allow me to do just that". I don't know say something like that. Since he's strict, I presume he wants you to get a good ATAR, so by dropping chem, you can do just that. Try it out.
Thank you, I think just the confrontation scares me haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)