how do i use my free print quota? (1 Viewer)

HSC
like not the 20 "good" prints...but like the other like 200 or hwatver it is...

thanks

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Print to double or draft. Double will print double sided (great for assignments as they won't have your login details) and draft will print 4 pages on one page, which is good for draft stuff and will print your login details and date/time and stuff on it too.

So either use: blue-double, blue-draft (lvl 3), red-double or red-draft (lvl 2).

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
how come its only IT that gets free printing... i mean law students deserve free printing too!

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Probably coz the IT faculty has the funding to spare and IT requires lots of printing since its computing oriented.

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
yay go IT :D lolz i have done more printing for my sister than myself...printed over 50 draft pages:D

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
Law students have the option to hand-write all their work. IT students can't hand-code. :p
lol u can...before u go and type it up ;) except u cant complie the code :)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Obviously, but an IT lecturer isn't prepared to accept a handwritten program is he? How the hell is he supposed to test if it works?

The only thing important about what you type for law is the meaning of the words, and that's something we don't need computers for. As for IT it's the FUNCTION of what you type. To make sure it's working you have to run it.

HSC
i go to uni today....and cant print

jase then explains to me that it doesnt work on the weekends

i learnt the hard way

learn from my mistake pplz...

smallcattle

HSC
jasee said:
Print to double or draft. Double will print double sided (great for assignments as they won't have your login details) and draft will print 4 pages on one page, which is good for draft stuff and will print your login details and date/time and stuff on it too.

So either use: blue-double, blue-draft (lvl 3), red-double or red-draft (lvl 2).
How do you print to double or draft?? where about do you choose these options???

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
I notice your a BMathComp student, so you should have an IT login as well for your IT subjects. You need to login to an IT computer in an IT lab in Building 10. Then just print from there.

fatmuscle

HSC
what will UTS IT students do when Jase leaves?

if u want to print single sided sheets, ie 'clean'
u can select 'current' page and print to double.
this however takes forever to do when you've got a large document.

and if you have to print out PPT files, remember to configure the settings first and don't print 1 slide per page WITH backgrounds. you are just wasting resources for the rest of us and it's time consuming.

T

timbk2

marbles something? ask interface

the full name is 'Blue-clean on marbles'

cant check the properties of it on my laptop atm cause it needs to be connected on wireless.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
//marbles or was it \\marbles

then find the printer.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
copious said:
//marbles or was it \\marbles

then find the printer.
Yup, type \\marbles and then login and it will list the printers, then basically just double click on one and it will install it, then it'll appear on your list. Then every other time, all you need to do is type \\marbles and login, as the printer is already installed.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
SashatheMan said:
why dont i get an print card for free, i do part IT i have to pay 11 c per copy .
Any student doing a course in the IT faculty or a computing course (including BBus/BComp) should have an IT login. So you should have one! If you don't know it then go present your student card at the Technical Support desk in Building 10, Level 3 and they'll print it out for you again. Then you can login to the computers in Building 10 and print for free.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)