How do you study for Economics? (1 Viewer)

SweatyAsian#1

HSC
Hello there,

I am currently in Year 11, yet I'm really confused about how to PROPERLY study Economics for the HSC. What my teacher currently does to 'teach' us, is to provide booklets based on the syllabus which we fill out from his powerpoints. We submit practice essays and multiple-choice questions here and there but I don't believe this is the best way to succeed in Year 12 Economics. I know I must research case studies, statistics on macro and micro, and all that.

What I'm really trying to ask is how would YOU study for Economics? Do you write up your own notes? Use other peoples notes and build onto that? Flashcards and mindmaps? Quite intrigued, but rather, I am more interested in knowing THE BEST/most productive plan to study for Economics. Anyways, any useful advice is always welcome, Thank you!

Kind Regards,
SweatyAsian#1 (xD)

Last edited:

aandablitzer

HSC
Hello there,

I am currently in Year 11, yet I'm really confused about how to PROPERLY study Economics for the HSC. What my teacher currently does to 'teach' us, is to provide booklets based on the syllabus which we fill out from his powerpoints. We submit practice essays and multiple-choice questions here and there but I don't believe this is the best way to succeed in Year 12 Economics. I know I must research case studies, statistics on macro and micro, and all that.

What I'm really trying to ask is how would YOU study for Economics? Do you write up your own notes? Use other peoples notes and build onto that? Flashcards and mindmaps? Quite intrigued, but rather, more in need to know the best plan to study for Economics. Anyways, any useful advice is always welcome, Thank you!

Kind Regards,
SweatyAsian#1 (xD)
Do past papers. If you don't know the answer to a question go to the textbook and find it. As you don't really need stats for prelim all you have to do is ensure you're all over the content and you'll do fine.

SweatyAsian#1

HSC
Do past papers. If you don't know the answer to a question go to the textbook and find it. As you don't really need stats for prelim all you have to do is ensure you're all over the content and you'll do fine.
Yep, past papers of course! I'll definitely brush up on my essay techniques, like the structure and all that. :D
Other than past papers, did you write up any notes for Economics? Like word, flashcards, book?
If you don't mind, what did your teacher provide in-class as 'notes/content'?

Anyways, thank you for your response!

aandablitzer

HSC
Yep, past papers of course! I'll definitely brush up on my essay techniques, like the structure and all that. :D
Other than past papers, did you write up any notes for Economics? Like word, flashcards, book?
If you don't mind, what did your teacher provide in-class as 'notes/content'?

Anyways, thank you for your response!
I didn't really do notes for prelim I just did papers

superessay

HSC
Booklets are helpful but only up to a certain extent. I usually do my own research and try to apply economic concepts into real life situations so it's easier for me to understand.

SweatyAsian#1

HSC
Booklets are helpful but only up to a certain extent. I usually do my own research and try to apply economic concepts into real life situations so it's easier for me to understand.
Ahhh alright then. If you don't mind, do you still remember what your economic teacher did for your class? Like hand out booklets or put up slideshows to copy down notes?

SweatyAsian#1

HSC
From all these reviews and helpful assistance, PLEASE rate this study technique (out of 10) for Economics!
1) Use the booklets given in class for each topic.
2) Make online flashcards from important questions that relate to the syllabus, which are from the booklet. Revise every 1-2 days.
3) Research Macroeconomic and Microeconomic statistics and write refined economic essays every 2 weeks.
4) Watch/read articles relating to Economics every day.
5) Do past papers for all topics.

If there is anything CRUCIAL that I missed out, please let me know, and also rate it if possible :D.
Thank you!

superessay

HSC
We were usually shown powerpoint slides and they were also provided to us after class so the notes I took during sessions are more focused on the discussion not shown in the presentation and sample scenarios.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)