How do you think you went? (1 Viewer)

evie

I liked the exam..The questions were good and I understood it all. That's the first exam I walked out of thinking I might've went good in! :)

Jellymonsta

I love IT exams. most of the exam requires no study, and i only really lose marks on section 3.
pity about the scaling though :(
but yeah i aced that exam :D

evie

Ooh I hope you get good results! :)

What was that thing with the 'at' and 'it'? That was the only thing that bugged me out..I don't think we ever covered that in class.

What questions did you do in S3? I did the memo and the EIS installation thing.

Jellymonsta

yeah the ' at ' and ' at' tripped me up. but that was only 2 potential marks... and i think i got it anyway
i did the EIS installation and the printer report thing... i will lose a couple of marks there cause it doesnt stick to report format precisely.
how did you set out the EIS one?

evie

Well I didn't use a specific format like a report or something this is what I did:

Paragraph about what the EIS thing was and who it was for.

Then step by step talked about everything on Page 21 and what we (the PC support and myself- the PC support sup.) would do to install it.

It's kinda hard to explain but I think I did it right.

What'd you write for the 'at' thing? Mine was

My friend did it backwards. That was bloody confusing! :|

del

HSC
N/A
i got

me thoughts
i) replace all occurances of at
ii) as the replace was ' at' - replace occurances where there was a space to the left
ii) ' at ' - replace where there was a space either side of the at

buttercup

i screwed up in the ports section.. I didnt get question 22 but still attempted it

evie

Originally posted by buttercup
i screwed up in the ports section.. I didnt get question 22 but still attempted it
Which one was that? The EIS thing? LOL, I can't even remember.

What ports did you do? I did USB, 2 serials (which I took a blind guess at being the round ones?) and a Parallel port. I remember hooking up my keyboard and putting the keyboard thing into a round one so.. Lucky for that eh?!

dissenter

i completed screwed up on the ports section in section II. i had no idea about any of that section, so i left the entire page blank.

it would have been good if our teacher had actually taught us ANYTHING

del

HSC
N/A
I did the USB, firewire, serial (9 pin port) and the monitor port

hehe my teacher was the one who wrote the ITV article in the SMH's hsc survival guide thingos.... :D

Last edited:

buttercup

evie i kindad did what you did.. usb, serial and parallel.. and answered it from memory when i had to plug in my mouse and keyboard LOL

DABOMB!

AAIIIGHT

heyhey...

i found the exam alrite...its my easiest exam by far but i just hate how you can lose alot of marks in section3 if you dont write well...overall itwas good...does neone know how IT does as in scaling marks etc...

byeee

-amro-:p

GJ_JOE

blood brother
i don't think i did well at all....i screwed up the EIS installation question badly my response was incoherent, even to me lol

GJ_JOE

blood brother
Originally posted by dissenter

it would have been good if our teacher had actually taught us ANYTHING
i know what you mean man!...that really would've been helpful

dfx

what did you guys put for the SQL question? i said nobody because state = nsw, state was not defined in the database only address3 was.

dfx

evie

Amro-- Not sure about the scaling thing, sorry! You should ask one of the site managers..They'd prolly know.

DFX-- I wrote Mike Smith. He was NSW, Male.. There were only 2 NSW people, and one was a girl. I thought that was pretty straight forward..I hope I answered that one right! LOL!

Jellymonsta

IT scales poorly.
Scaled mean last year was 21.1 (of 50) and 4uc maths was 45...
So you have to really do well to even keep your raw mark.

evie

Wow...21.1! I didn't think it would be around that! People walk out of the I.T exams and think it was a blast..

Jellymonsta

That is scaled. Because it is a pretty simple course (with a small syllabus :) ) the marks are dragged down. I dont really know what the raw average was. But all the VET courses are poorly scaled.

hurrotisrobbo

Cabbage
HSC
Umm... According to Goyk (our teacher) and the charts he showed us, if you went well (above 85-ish), it scaled your mark _UP_.

Hmm. Correct me if I'm wrong, someone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)