How do you wake up in the morning?! (1 Viewer)

Rawf

HSC
Hey guys,
I'm not sure if many of you are going through the issue I'm going through but.. Everyday I find myself waking up at 11.30am-ish or 12 [getting worse now because daylight savings started]
I go to sleep at around 2-3am, however even if i DO sleep early and wake up early I'm extremely tired and I urge to fall back asleep - one day I slept at 10.30pm and woke up at 8.30am but I was still dead tired so I fell asleep until 10.30am.
I set my alarm for 9.30am usually but I continually hit the snooze button until I'm too annoyed to press it any more so then I fall asleep until 11.30.
I also drink coffee daily now, but the problem is I can only drink it if I get up LOL, I can't drink it in my sleep. so I usually drink it at 12pm-ish. I know people are getting up at like 6am or 7am to study... which sorta scares the crap outa me because I'm so inefficient and unproductive.
Furthermore, HSC starts in 1 week and I'm worried that my sleep patterns will make me super tired during my exams! How do I fix it :(

Do you guys have any tips/tricks to get you up in the morning?

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
We have the exact same sleeping pattern.
What I did was call up some friends to organize a study day, to meet at the library at 9am and stay till 5pm.
That forced my sorry ass to get up out of bed, to be on time and productive to do some study!
If you have some incentive to be somewhere or to do something at a certain time, it makes getting up much easier.

Rawf

HSC
We have the exact same sleeping pattern.
What I did was call up some friends to organize a study day, to meet at the library at 9am and stay till 5pm.
That forced my sorry ass to get up out of bed, to be on time and productive to do some study!
If you have some incentive to be somewhere or to do something at a certain time, it makes getting up much easier.
Seems like a good idea, but I usually can't study in groups or with other people... I'm too easily distracted haha
It also wastes quite a lot of time to get to and from the library. I get what you mean though, if you have to be somewhere it'll force you to get up :)
Man I wish all my exams had the same time schedule as the AoS english paper... 1.50pm, seems pretty good. All my other tests are at 9.30 though, bummer!

freeeeee

HSC
i dont see a problem waking up late because even if you wake up late you can still get the desired amount of study before bed, the problem lies with whether you will make it to your exams next week! but luckily English is in late afternoon on first day and you will adapt to the next day (the English apper in the morning)

Gary_Oak

Taking a Piss
HSC
My sleeping pattern is fucked........ I seem to be going to bed at 11:30pm to 12:30am, but not falling asleep till like 2am-3am..... and i seem to wake up at 10:30-11am.... (last sunday i woke up at 12pm cause of daylight saving). But i need to drop my dad at the hospital 2morrow morning, around 8:50am..... hopefully that get me up and then i can study from there on....

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
An easy (but torturous) way of getting your sleeping patterns under control is having an all-nighter and staying awake until 7-8pm the next day (whenever it gets dark for you). Crash at that time and sleep all of it off. You can sleep 12-14 hours and wake at 8 or 10am :p.

Then you should hopefully be able to keep them under control.

Also check your diet - make sure you're eating right as that can have a massive impact on your energy levels.

HeroicPandas

Heroic!
HSC
An easy (but torturous) way of getting your sleeping patterns under control is having an all-nighter and staying awake until 7-8pm the next day (whenever it gets dark for you). Crash at that time and sleep all of it off. You can sleep 12-14 hours and wake at 8 or 10am :p.

Also check your diet - make sure you're eating right as that can have a massive impact on your energy levels.
WOW thanks man, i've been eating a bowl of rice b4 i sleep, that whats keeping me up ahha

NOW I SEE

-lower down energy levels :D

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
WOW thanks man, i've been eating a bowl of rice b4 i sleep, that whats keeping me up ahha

NOW I SEE

-lower down energy levels :D
Ideally, try not to eat for about three hours before you sleep - for aid in sleep and general health and well being.

NinaChapps

HSC

And do you actually stick to this? It sounds like a great idea , but when I have all-nighters, I convince myself to take a sleeping break for an hour or so and that I will wake up later and start studying again, but I just end up not waking up, regardless of whether I set my alarm or not.

Any tips that could help me?

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
I usually have 15 alarms set, one for each minute starting at 6 to 6 15AM. However, I am usually up by the first one. :D

madharris

HSC
N/A
I have my alarm on my work table which is on the other side of the room, so it forces me to get out of bed

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
And do you actually stick to this? It sounds like a great idea , but when I have all-nighters, I convince myself to take a sleeping break for an hour or so and that I will wake up later and start studying again, but I just end up not waking up, regardless of whether I set my alarm or not.

Any tips that could help me?
The idea is to commit to it once. See the night through, survive the next day and effectively "reset" your body clock by choosing a time that you want to fall asleep - and do it almost instantaneously due to a whole night of deprivation. By timing it right, your reset will set your rising time early in the morning.

Then you need to make sure you sleep when you're tired to avoid this happening again.

If you take a 'sleep break', your body will take over as your need for sleep outweighs conscious thought. An hour is enough time to enter R.E.M. Good luck waking from that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)