How employable am I in Finance? Entry Level? Graduate Program? Internships? (1 Viewer)

[ ]

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm trying to get into positions in Finance or Economics related, Analyst positions are preferred, but if I can't, I want to get into anything related to Finance, Economics or a similar industry (such as Marketing, Logistics etc).

I've done a couple of extracurriculars, such as joining a debating society and becoming an active member of a professional Economics society, and I started a personal blog (Even though I haven't started to grow it yet). I completed a writing competition and argued about how reducing discrimination in the Economics profession can benefit society as a whole, but I didn't get any awards because I was competing with professionals. I know three languages, English, Mandarin and Japanese (Proficient). I know how to do data analysis with excel and I know how to use the Microsoft package. I am in the progress of learning SQL. My grades used to be alright but I am not so sure about it right now because I screwed up my grades on Macroeconomics, but I can retake it any time if I transfer from commerce to business since it is part of my elective. I don't have any work experience apart from food delivery, and I just started to find an internship. Planning to drop some workloads and extend it to 2024 so I can help with my grades and have time to gain relevant work experience.

dasfas

HSC
Gain some technical skills and do some projects so that you can showcase it for your portfolio. Those are the most important factors for being competitive

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
You might find this useful:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Op, you sound all over the place. Not clear if you have any idea what kind of role you actually want since finance/economics are very broad, and it sounds more like you're trying to find something which fits your field of study. If it's not too late already get involved in the finance societies at your university, or at least attend events so you can get a sense of what the employers are liike and what roles/areas there might be opportunities in.

ps. Great that you joined a few things, but remember it's what you learn/get out of it which matters.

[ ]

HSC
Uni Grad
Op, you sound all over the place. Not clear if you have any idea what kind of role you actually want since finance/economics are very broad, and it sounds more like you're trying to find something which fits your field of study. If it's not too late already get involved in the finance societies at your university, or at least attend events so you can get a sense of what the employers are liike and what roles/areas there might be opportunities in.

ps. Great that you joined a few things, but remember it's what you learn/get out of it which matters.
I think I know what I want to do now, I want to do research. I'm trying to get my grades up, but I will also apply for research-related work programs that my school provides so that if my grades couldn't get me into the courses I want I can use my relevant work experience to apply.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I think I know what I want to do now, I want to do research. I'm trying to get my grades up, but I will also apply for research-related work programs that my school provides so that if my grades couldn't get me into the courses I want I can use my relevant work experience to apply.
What type of research? Equities research?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)