How good are your teachers? (1 Viewer)

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
Riviet said:
I have a good english teacher, which I feel fortunate since english is my weakest subject. My econonmics teacher is great, he teaches and is very enthusiastic with it, he's also my tutor. My maths and chemistry teachers are alright, physics is pretty good as well. Overall I'm pretty content with my teachers.
*whisper* i think u should delete that... dont think u r allow to have ur skool teacher as tutors. ROFL!!

most of my teachers last yr r fabulous

eng - she got nails 10cm long, pale blonde hair to her hips, talk at a rate of 2 words per minute, took 4 weeks to read my practice essay.. i think u get wat iam tryin to say..

maths - .. 3u is good except he has no power ova our corrupted class watsoever, 4u is fabulous =D

had the BEST chem teacher except he took leave till right b4 trials.. had the BEST phy teacher except he retired...

our skool is shit. sacked the onli jap ext/italian teacher, break up a bio class so she can go teach 3u maths.. break up a 3u maths class so he can teach general.. having chem teacher for my phy class, and having a retired phy teacher for my chem. @_@

i think i am gonna fail. >_>

speedie

HSC
i have a shit chem teacher, shit shit shit. an ok physics teacher, an AWESOME russian maths 2u/3u teacher lol, an ok 4u teacher, a good bio teacher, a CRAP english teacher. i think im gonna fail english this year. oh well, tutoring will solve that next year hopefully.

P

pLuvia

Chemistry - ok

Maths 3u and 4u - good

English - ok

Japanese cont and ext - good

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
mitsui said:
*whisper* i think u should delete that... dont think u r allow to have ur skool teacher as tutors. ROFL!!

most of my teachers last yr r fabulous

eng - she got nails 10cm long, pale blonde hair to her hips, talk at a rate of 2 words per minute, took 4 weeks to read my practice essay.. i think u get wat iam tryin to say..

maths - .. 3u is good except he has no power ova our corrupted class watsoever, 4u is fabulous =D

had the BEST chem teacher except he took leave till right b4 trials.. had the BEST phy teacher except he retired...

our skool is shit. sacked the onli jap ext/italian teacher, break up a bio class so she can go teach 3u maths.. break up a 3u maths class so he can teach general.. having chem teacher for my phy class, and having a retired phy teacher for my chem. @_@

i think i am gonna fail. >_>
my year 11 english teacher offered to tutor me and other students for free on some days after school lol . she was the best teacher but i no longer have her because of how they combined both advanced class into one and thus we now have the advanced teacher. pretty stupid reason but shes pretty good though.

xx__savannah

HSC
Most of my teachers are OK.

My English and SOR teacher is awesome, she's quite motherly, stays back at school to help us, tells us to ring her up if we're feeling stressed about anything, and she's encouraging. I disagree with her interpretations sometimes, but she likes mine.
Don't like my Gen. Maths teacher, but I don't need her, so that evens out. My IPT teacher is her husband, he's pretty cool -- a bit distracted, doesn't always know what's going on, but he helps out as much as possible with our assignments and lets me do my own thing when he has to dumb down some lessons.
I don't exactly have a teacher for Economics, it's more or less just me and my textbook because I do it on the 'net, even though the teacher is at my school, but he always has a class when I do eco, so it's not much help. Only good for lunch-times and our online chats.
Did HSC Chem last year and had a great teacher, she'd use her credit cards to buy tickets off the net for concerts for us, took us on an excursion from the Gold Coast to Sydney, and did everything she could for us. I'm repeating, and can't stand the teacher. I know how the course should be taught, and I know that her assignment is shit -.-

Dimsimmer

Random User
HSC
English - she pretty much talks for most of the lessons, can find it hard to pay attention to her.

Maths - dont think that he can teach properly, he gives out sheets and then reads off them, i have him for all maths lessons and i do 4u.

Economics - i find it hard to pay attention to him. The things he talks about dont seem to be interesting.

Business Studies - i find it easier to listen to what he says and can understand him most of the time but hes not the type of person that i like.

matty123789

HSC
English (Adv) - Really nice teacher who is absolutely great at explaining concepts and helping us improve.

Maths (2U + Ext 1) - Can be overdramatic at times but she is definitely extremely intelligent when it comes to Maths and is more than willing to help you out until you understand something.

Studies of Religion - Knows what she's talking about, just really hard to pay attention to. Has a short temper as well.

Biology - Great teacher who makes the subject interesting and fun. He is also extremely friendly and helpful

Chemistry - Knows the information, just isn't that good at explaining it clearly. He is a little difficult to learn from at times.

Software Design and Development - Great teacher. She is always willing to spend any time she has to help you out with something.

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
English and Ancient - He talks non stop can be hard to pay attention to but he is really keen to have us improve and gives us lots of feedback.

SOR - Knows what she is talking about but isnt good at teaching it. We also never seem to do anything,

Maths - Best teacher ever!!

Chem - a little quirky but she makes it interesting and will always give you a hand if you need it.

danz90

HSC
English adv - she's really good.. always willing to help out and mark practice essays before assessments. provides us with awesome notes. I've heard that apparently she's one of the top eng teachers in the state.

Maths - awesome teacher, always makes sure u understand, always willing to help you after class, she's very social too.

Chem - amazing teacher, he's been known as the best chem teacher in our school for a long time. he pushes us heapssss with a big workload, but im sure its gonna get us results. he's very technical and makes us do HSC questions all the time, read standards packages and the syllabus.

Bio - another great teacher - the head of science and many many other teachers in my school says shes one of the top bio teachers in the state. she has a heap of background knowledge - ask her ANYTHING and she'll answer you.

Eco - great teacher - short fuse

IPT - reads out of textbook basically...

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Mathematics + Extension 1 & 2: teacher is great. Despite the fact he makes several mistakes, he knows what he is teaching and gives us lots of advices & tips. Probably the best maths teacher at my school.

Biology: another great teacher. Best Biology teacher available at school. Happy to have had her as my Biology teacher.

Chemistry: best Chemistry teacher available at my school. However, he is not the best teacher for students who sometimes struggle in Chemistry. He expects us to know everything. I also have high expectation from this teacher. So, I have to perform well in upcoming tasks and exams.

English: definitely the best English teacher that I have ever had. Learning so much from him. As English-coordinator, he knows his stuff.

Business Studies: don't reckon he is the best teacher I could have got. However, he is enthusiastic and explains contents pretty well. Would have liked different teacher but he is soft, sometimes lenient and very nice person.

EDIT: I am luck to have had 3 subject coordinators, i.e. Science coordinator, Commerce coordinator and Maths coordinator. Very happy.

Studies of Religion: Christ-like teacher. He is one of the most respected teacher at my school. However, when it comes to teaching, he tends to talk about irrelevant materials. Do not learn much from him but he is the best teacher (in terms of personality).

Last edited:

pezdog

HSC
English Adv: A bitch, but she knows her stuff

Gen Maths: 70 yr old granny with deadset no clue...

Ancient/Ext His: Good bloke, takes time to actually listen to you

IPT: She tries to act tough, but once you crack her shes alright

Art: Shite, been at the school for 25 years and cannot teach a class for shit....really, really needs to move on

SOR: Hes alrite, knows his shit

mef90

HSC
english- he old and strange..relates everything back to his life, but he gave us his email address incase we need any extra help.

pdhpe- he is hot...haha well i dont really think so but heaps of other girls do. over all he's a pretty good teacher, young and fit, fun classes.

geography- griffoteers!!! theres only 7 in our class and we are tight. haha.
our teachers second career option was commentating. his funny, well trys to be. likes summarising.

maths- TRIVIA!! we play like every double..good fun. also gives us food..haha and can take a joke..is general is easy.

SOR1-
very knowledgable man, knows his stuff and can teach it well. He has the lamest jokes but we still laugh for his sake.

hospitality-
treats us like little kids, and like we dont know anything. also keeps us in lunchtimes just coz she doesnt teach fast enough. so annoying.

but theres so many other teachers at my school who are like friends to me..
they are all awesome and go out of their way to help us out, even when they arent our actual teacher.

:)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
English - Very good teacher, probably the best English teacher out there. Only one criticism, she tends to spoon-feed us a bit.

Maths - Pretty good teacher, he's an Asian 64 year old who tends to yell at us if he asks us a question and we get it wrong. But all in all, a solid teacher that knows his stuff.

Chemistry - He's probably the second best teacher in Chemistry, but he knows his stuff, and communicates it really well to his students.

Physics - Probably the best Science teacher in our school, and he's the Head of Science. He's also my Volleyball coach :p

Legal Studies - I like the teacher, other people say that he doesn't teach very well, but I reckon he does.

.deimonic

HSC
Maths - Lol best in the school, he's really knows his stuff.
English Advanced- Also best in the school but she's really strict.
Physics- Pretty good teacher but not the best.
Chem- Ok teacher though it would be better if I had my physics teacher for chem
Bio- Bad teacher, rambles off topic half the time. Lucky bio isn't a really hard subject or anything.

HSC
business studies - drones on all lesson and makes people fall asleep. instead of teaching us content he tells us about five examples for everything, which i won't remember. also, i could stalk his daughters because he never stops talking about them.

ancient history - asked her for feedback about what i did wrong in an assignment in term one, i haven't heard anything back. stresses out about exams and tells us how hard it's going to be which makes me stressed. spends too much time with the dropkicks when she should just boot them out. but is an awesome teacher in general.

biology - despite this being his second year out of uni, he's way better than the teacher of the other class. she's been teaching for ages and gives the class irrelevant stuff, while he gives us what we need. so he's a good teacher, but he does rely a little too much on HSC online.

italian continuers - an awesome teacher, and the results of language students in previous years is a testament to that. but she does let other students take things off topic and waste time, we're about a month behind at the moment because of that. expects us all to get band 6.

advanced english - you have to be smart and self-motivated to get good marks in his class. he gives helpful suggestions when you hand him work, and sometimes gives us notes. if it's a poem he'll read through it and explain / give ideas about it, but otherwise you're pretty much on your own. no set activity to do in class, no structure.

Last edited:

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Aerath said:
Maths - Pretty good teacher, he's an Asian 64 year old who tends to yell at us if he asks us a question and we get it wrong. But all in all, a solid teacher that knows his stuff.
Typical Asian.

Gay Captain

HSC
hey guys in physics (or other sciences i guess) do your teachers tend to give you heaps of notes or just talk (kinda like lecturing) and do demonstrations?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)