How I Met Your Mother Ending (Spoilers may be contained in this thread) (1 Viewer)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Warning: Do not read if you have not finished the series.

I just finished watching the final episode. What did everyone think of the ending?

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Terribad
9 seasons of character and relationship development destroyed in an episode and tastelessly restored. The entire 9th season was quite bad too lol

Your thoughts?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Things I hated:

Barney's love child

Robin's becoming antisocial

Likes: Ted/Robin, I think it was a good ending they deserve the ending, since we didn't really see the mother character develop a relationship with ted except in one or two episodes. (Whereas with Ted's ongoing/offgoing relationship with Robin, we did see)

So I think it was a fair ending.

tumtoom

HSC
It was fair enough but still... STUPID
I mean a whole season on Barney and Robin's wedding and then in 3 seconds they're divorced... seriously?
So yeah my main problem was the pacing. 9 seasons in 9 years and then suddenly over a decade in less than 2 hours...
No, just no

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
WTF? there was so much packed in those 2 episodes.... I watched it twice so i could understand it

and the part in the end "mom has been dead for 6 years" messed with me bad, but then again, Robin is technically the new mom?

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Terribad
9 seasons of character and relationship development destroyed in an episode and tastelessly restored. The entire 9th season was quite bad too lol

Your thoughts?
yes i agree; it sort of starting going downhill from season 6

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
Didn't really like the ending but still really sad the show came to an end.

I think the reason HIMYM clicked so well with audiences of our age group was because it was comforting to see people who were in their late 20s/early 30s retain their friendship after such a long period of time and still behave with the obvious youth in their hearts. They showed us that growing up doesn't mean life has to get all serious all at once and that it's still possible to have fun and a certain level of immaturity in your life even when things do get serious. And even though it's just a TV show, the fact that the characters had the perfect balance of being relate-able and admirably unrealistic made it all the more better and comforting to watch.

So yeah, disappointed with the ending but I'm very sad to see the show end. It gave me something to look forward to in the future, and for that I can never stay mad at the ending.

/enddeepmoment

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Didn't really like the ending but still really sad the show came to an end.

I think the reason HIMYM clicked so well with audiences of our age group was because it was comforting to see people who were in their late 20s/early 30s retain their friendship after such a long period of time and still behave with the obvious youth in their hearts. They showed us that growing up doesn't mean life has to get all serious all at once and that it's still possible to have fun and a certain level of immaturity in your life even when things do get serious. And even though it's just a TV show, the fact that the characters had the perfect balance of being relate-able and admirably unrealistic made it all the more better and comforting to watch.

So yeah, disappointed with the ending but I'm very sad to see the show end. It gave me something to look forward to in the future, and for that I can never stay mad at the ending.

/enddeepmoment
that's so deep; I can see Adele rolling

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
am i seriously the only one that doesnt give a rats arse about this show

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
How I Met Your Mother tops off their politically correct show in spectacular fashion, in an attempt to shatter every red pill theory. As I mentioned earlier, Barney gets married to Robin, the washed up slut. In the meantime, Ted finally meets the girl of his dreams (the majority of the show revolved around his search for love) and ends up having two children with her. She is cute, but not extremely hot – in real life, she’d be happy to settle down with a guy like Ted, who has excellent status – good-looking, sociable, and holds the honor of being the youngest architect ever to design a New York City skyscraper.

However, three years later, Robin and Barney get divorced. Barney goes back to being a player, and Robin throws herself into her career, forsaking her friends because she doesn’t want to hang out with her ex-husband all of the time. A few years after that, Ted’s wife, Tracy, passes away due to illness. So what does he do?

Of course, he runs (literally) back to Robin a few years later when his kids give him the approval to date again. In the final scene of the show, Ted shows up at her apartment and rings the doorbell – holding the same blue french horn from their first date many years ago. So here we are – Robin is (by the show’s timeline) about fifty years old, and she still has beta men pining after her.

This is a terrible message the show sends to young men. This show is enforcing the idea that it is good to pursue washed-up, over the hill sluts who, frankly have already had their chance in life. By all accounts, Robin was a hot girl in her 20s living in New York City – she had every opportunity to make better choices, find a good life partner (rather than a former player), but she wasted the majority of her prime being your typical entitled and selfish American girl.

It’s too bad that she got rewarded for that with another blue french horn from Ted the beta.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
seriously tho this show is corny as fuck and you're all lame for liking it

qwertyuno

HSC
Barney's love child was cute but i agree with everything else

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)