how many challenges?? (1 Viewer)

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
i wrote 7 pages expaining in great detail 2 challenges eg housing and traffic infrostructure, all my classmates talked about 6 or 7 challenges briefly. who is right and who is wrong this actually worring me, it didnt specify how many challenges to talk about. what way did you guys do?

Last edited:

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
I went over housing, traffic/public transport+pollution, unemployment, water+power+sanitation problems.

I think there is no set way to approach it, You probably needed to put in 1 or 2 more extra challenges piccaninny, but then again I'm just guessing. But if people listed many challenges but didn't put in enough detail, they probably would get marked down slighty.
But i wouldn't worry about it too much, cause there is no set way of doing a geography essay...

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
I think of equal importance was "Evaluate the responses to these challenges", I think it was necessary to talk about both equally, not only just the challenge but also the effectiveness of the response.

guy

HSC
Originally posted by scut
I went over housing, traffic/public transport+pollution, unemployment, water+power+sanitation problems.
same with specific reference to mexico

How deeply did people go into respsonses?

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
Housing I went into some detail, but I was rushed for time so not as much detail for the rest of the challenges, but i'm fairly happy with what I wrote...

Did people load up their essays with stats (eg 40% live in poverty), I'm just worried I didn't provide enough examples or stats

anastabation

i went over traffic, changes in economic structure, changes in the medical and tax system, changes in cultural and policy pattens and the threat of shanty towns.

This ques was prob the easiest.

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
Did people load up their essays with stats (eg 40% live in poverty), I'm just worried I didn't provide enough examples or stats [/B][/QUOTE
in my report about economic activity i used about 3 tables of statistics, but not in other reports

P

Pagey

I only looked at 3 challenges, but they were in depth with a good evaluation of the responses.

I did Housing in Mumbai, Traffic in Shanghai, and Sanitation in Karachi.

13 pages was hopefully enough for this essay!!!

Russian

hehe i did that too but i didnt know what the area was called, lucky i didnt make up a name :)

i did 3 challenges 5 pages then an evealuation of each at the end about 1 and a hlf pages

Benno

HSC
i did 6-7 pages
i discussed as many challenges as possible and quickly described them and the responses
then went into detail about housing and slums in Mumbia

Last edited:

Benno

HSC
Bombay!! geex howeva u spell the fucking new name! :p

mutter* smart arse.... mutter*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)