How many marks have you dropped? (1 Viewer)

q3thefish

HSC
Good luck! I have a feeling I shall be joining you. It's that or maybe Civil Engineering/Architecture, is what I'm thinking atm. Actually, I don't know anymore haha.
ahaha thanks. pharmacy ftw!

goooodluck for remaining exams!

jaychouf4n

HSC
Hahahahah SAME!

high band 6 for everything and like random band 5 in english
FOL
Same story here T_T Though if my memorised essays do well, my external english marks MIGHT get me a low band 6 for english, otherwise its a band 5 for me :(

Blah, that's life :p I'll transfer if i don't get 99.4 :p

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Same story here T_T Though if my memorised essays do well, my external english marks MIGHT get me a low band 6 for english, otherwise its a band 5 for me :(

Blah, that's life :p I'll transfer if i don't get 99.4 :p
leon mate, aren't u doing actuarial tho?

or are u considering law + actuarial? :p (that's pretty much FYL)

jaychouf4n

HSC
LOL If i make it into law i'll actually consider actuarial :p It's between Actuarial/Finance combined with law.

Yeah I've been told actuarial studies law is suicide XD

So if it turns out to be too hard I'll probably go back to finance :)

But this is all assuming I'll make it into law, I'll probably be doing commerce with a double major next year given my results :p

verdades

HSC
FMLLLLL.
Or not, actually, I don't care about ext that much.
But everyone here seems to have done really well, so congrats.

I'd be surprised to see myself get 40/84. I'm thinking I'll be getting <35 or so.
So it's more worthwhile counting the marks I got than the ones I didn't D:

kwokie

HSC
I dropped so many stupid marks. for rate of change, i forgot to divide area of triangle by 2, therefore fuck the whole question up. i ended up with like -k/2. FML. And i found q6 binomial shit so hard and i made so many stupid errors.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
well i only attempted 56 marks worth of questions so my maximum possible mark is 56/84

however i probably made around 10-20 marks worth of mistakes

so im lookin at about 36-46 out of 84.

fail lol.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Ive realised i didnt fully simplify tan (pi/8) i left it as root((Root(2)-1)/(Root(2)+1))

Hopefully they wont penalise it, but ill probably lose another mark there =.=
I'm fairly sure you won't lose a mark for that. Good for me if people do, though.

It was pretty funny how I came across it, I was checking, and I typed tan pi/8 in the calculator. Then I typed the top line of that fraction (root2 - 1) in, and instead of divide, I accidentally hit equals, and I was like...'holy shit, that's the answer, must've done something wrong'. 30 seconds later, I realised that it could be rationalised. :p

But yeah, doubt you'd lose a mark for it.

kwokie

HSC
this paper i think is alot easier than last years, but i still manage to fuck this paper up....

math man

HSC
N/A
with the graphin q i did the right graph and had the right horizontal aysmptote but for some reason i had a brain snap and draw in vertical asymtotes, would i lose a mark for that?

redfield

HSC
Got it all out. Terry Lee solutions agree with everything I had, so that's encouraging. Hopefully full marks. But, suppose we'll just have to wait and see...

Happyjon

HSC
Argh... spent the last half an hour on 7c, and just got it out in time. Checking with Terry Lee's solutions, I found 5 marks I dropped. There goes my state ranking T_T

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
with the graphin q i did the right graph and had the right horizontal aysmptote but for some reason i had a brain snap and draw in vertical asymtotes, would i lose a mark for that?
Yeah, you probably would.
5 marks, hopefully dts all I lost how much u reckon dt wld gt me?
I would answer your question if I could understand what you were saying?

FlameFromBeyond

HSC
This is where every 4Unit person feels redeemed for slaving over harder maths for 2 years. I know that personally, it felt like an easy 4U test, which was good for our class, but pretty much screwed everyone else over as it is supposed to be 3U!!

isabelle101

HSC
well...i reckon i lost about 20 marks...
omg that exam sucked...why was this year's so hard???

imoO

HSC
According to most, it wasn't hard. They just put in questions that required a different style of thinking, which obviously caused havoc among many.

inamotoichiban

HSC
Got it all out. Terry Lee solutions agree with everything I had, so that's encouraging. Hopefully full marks. But, suppose we'll just have to wait and see...
are you for real ?! crazy man whats your name
look out for you on the newspaper

for the last 1 marker i just wrote the answer without reasoning because the person said pens down straight afterwards

reckon that'll get me the mark?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)