how many marks would I lose? (1 Viewer)

smartalec

HSC
well for the creative writing, my link to place wasn't that obvious - I more or less said remembering belonging to people formed her a sense of place...I also had another bit similar to that but not sure if it was obvious the it was a memory type thing.

how many marks would you lose for a tenuous link to the question?

smartalec

HSC
ok, that's not too bad then. I was just hoping it wouldn't be capped to <10

themanman

HSC
N/A
usually when you dont answer stimuli or questions

you are capped (for a normal 20 mark essay) at 14 or so - if it was brilliant

you were better off making one up on the spot then trying to mould a story with no relevance

smartalec

HSC
im talking about the creative writing though. and it didnt have NO relevance, it had a weak relevance haha

themanman

HSC
N/A
im talking about the creative writing though. and it didnt have NO relevance, it had a weak relevance haha
i was using the essay as an example

anyway i wouldnt be too concerned..

about half the state didnt do anything on REMEMBERED places i bet

smartalec

HSC
thanks. well i got 13 in the trials, with harsh marking, so I'm hoping for an 11 this time I guess.

Glorious

HSC
Same problem with me. My reference to remembered places was weak. I regret it now. Could have added a few more "remembered" events but seriously, the limited time + the stress, I just had to get something written, and I made some reference, but not too much. Hopefully nothing less than 11 - and hoping my essay, comprehension and module essays will compensate for it.

smartalec

HSC
mhm. same. and i could have EASILY done it as well. I was just to focused on rewriting what I memorised haha. bos sure cracked down on me.

juliastegner

HSC
maybe they'll just assume it was a remembered place.. seriously I regret it bad now too not writing something about remembered place.

studier1

HSC
you start in the C-range. clawing marks back to get into low b, good luck.

slurpzz1

HSC
well for the creative writing, my link to place wasn't that obvious - I more or less said remembering belonging to people formed her a sense of place...I also had another bit similar to that but not sure if it was obvious the it was a memory type thing.

how many marks would you lose for a tenuous link to the question?

don't worry, nothing you can do about it now..
it asked you about remembering a place not how a place formed a sense of belonging
"compose a creative writing piece that captures the significance of remembered places to the experience of belonging"
-just reflect on a place and show an aspect of belonging. eg: family, friends.. identity

if you looked at the stimulus it even said people within the picture. as long as you showed a change in time of reflecting to a place and you incorporated an aspect of belonging.. without using the word 'belonging' you will be fine..

you won't be marked down.. markers are looking to give you marks not take them away.

themanman

HSC
N/A
Same problem with me. My reference to remembered places was weak. I regret it now. Could have added a few more "remembered" events but seriously, the limited time + the stress, I just had to get something written, and I made some reference, but not too much. Hopefully nothing less than 11 - and hoping my essay, comprehension and module essays will compensate for it.
they factor the 'stress' in

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
HSC markers are rather hard/strict, they dont factor anything in.

themanman

HSC
N/A
Mate, they aren't going to tell you exactly how they're going to mark the paper.
i never said they did?

marker just told me that they are lenient with the first paper as they know its the first HSC exam (for most people) and they are nervous

they factor that in

unless ur calling me a liar? in which case, this wud be a stupid thing to lie about...

SpreadTheWord

HSC
Hey guys would mine be alright?... I used myself and my duel personality on a bridge looking down - used a bird as a motif, and flashbacked to why i was displaced, and then back to the place, and so forth.

So essentially the place was a motif, and stimulated a remeniscene of my experiences.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)