How many pages? What order for essays? (1 Viewer)

DsDeMoN

HSC
Heya,

In order of my attempts

My economic activity (tourism)... in hindsight i shouldve done this last. I managed to get a booklet out of it anyway.

Then management practises and i thought this was a pretty 'nice' question. Got out 7 pages

Then our 'could've gone all day' world/mega cities question. Unfortunately, poor ordering and timing of the first two left me with 30 minutes and 6 pages... shame.

How'd y'all tackle it?

whoami

icegreentea
HSC
i did the world- and mega- cities first..got around 5-6 pages..

then to tourism as Q21.. around 5 pages

last was management..i think 4-5..

then i had 20 mins to do the 6 marker short answer...that was it

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
I don't know how I was so well off for time, I had 10mins spare which I went over my multi-choice again.

Did the essays in order, got 7 pages for the first part, 8 for the second (including 2 diagrams) and 7 and a half for the last. My writing is huge though, about 6 words a line.

mrwaggles

HSC
HOW SWEET WERE THE ESSAYS!!!!

Like OMFG bestest questions...i was firing!!

I did them in order...cuz i couldnt decide which looked nicer haha, but i knew i could write most on ecosystems so it came first...
I wrote 31 pages altogether:

Sooo pumping....i couldve gone all day for all of them...but u know...after thinking about that oscillation index question, cut me down to 40mins per essay!

whoami

icegreentea
HSC
mrwaggles said:
HOW SWEET WERE THE ESSAYS!!!!

Like OMFG bestest questions...i was firing!!

I did them in order...cuz i couldnt decide which looked nicer haha, but i knew i could write most on ecosystems so it came first...
I wrote 31 pages altogether:

Sooo pumping....i couldve gone all day for all of them...but u know...after thinking about that oscillation index question, cut me down to 40mins per essay!
OH MY...how many words u write per line..i wrote small and only got out 4-5 pages each.

mrwaggles

HSC
haha...i'm just uber fast!! My writing isnt small by any means...i just write!! haha...plus a few diagrams here and there!!! But i found i was listing things, which ment i was taking up more lines, but reducing the waffling!

Page limit is the be all and end all...however i do write ALOT! haha...

MajestyofRock

HSC
I did economic activity first finished booklet then did MC and WC and got a booklet and a page and screwed time with Management and got about 7 pages

*Lozzie*

HSC
i did them in order i think i got 8-9 pages on each but my writing was bigger then normal and had diagrams and stuff

i dont think we could of asked for better essay questions :rofl: :rofl:

Nick_R

Master of my Domain
HSC
i just did everything in order, i didn't really like the 2nd essay question but it was OK - i thought it would've been better if it asked just about megacities, or world cities, or urban dynamics of a large city u hav studied, not a combination

i. 7 pages
ii. 6 pages
iii. 6pages

when we came out of the exam there were newspaper ppl there and a hot journalsist and photographer :p so tomorrow some of us r in the paper :p (any newcastle ppl - the herald) lol she asked us how it was and how the hsc has been so far

Datto120

HSC
I did everything in order, i couldt make myself do it out of order if i tried!!!!!

I liked 2 of 3 essays it seems i forgot to go over management strategies so i just hope i scraped up at least 10 marks in that one!!!

Haha some ppl at my school didnt realise for economic activity you were writing about tourism and instead wrote about the assignment we did were we picked a business! Poor idiots better marks for us that read the question tho!!!!:rofl:

Last edited:

C@mM!

HSC
I did it in order: bout 6 pages for each. IMO, they were too open ended (could of kept writing example after example), but a relatively easy paper (the SOI was purely interpretal, look at the year, notice the SOI was negative corresponded to no rainfall on the above graph). Oh well.

killersfan

HSC
19) 9 Pages
20) 10 Pages
21) 12 Pages BUT I DIDNT COVER ECOLOGICAL DIMENSIONS!! ARRGH!

I only mentioned the 'human' part of ecological dimensions and didnt get time to link it back to how it has changed the environment.

bellany

HSC
Datto120 said:
I did everything in order, i couldt make myself do it out of order if i tried!!!!!
lol i'm totally the same, i don't like to mess with the 'natural order'...as if exams are in any way natural.
i don't count my pages...i'm in too much of a hurry to leave the room.
i know that i did just under 2 booklets for ecosystems (but it was mostly waffling) two whole booklets for cities and one whole booklet for economic activity.
annnnd three hours of ancient tomorrow. my hand is sad.

"Chubby"

HSC
i did tourism first - whole booklet

then ecosystems - 6 pages

mega/world cities - 5 pages going onto 6 pages.

davo522

HSC
Q19 - 8 pages.
Q20 - 8 pages.
Q21 - 6 pages (maybe couldve written a bit more, but i only had 35 mins to do it cause i left that SOI question out!!)

man_dee

HSC
o, gosh!!!!!!! the mc questions, some of them r preety ok n not ok. well, the short ans, i even study one of the graph..., wt the hell..! how could i not noe that, n i m just guessing it..., writing ans make up on my own...!!!!!! well, the essays was preety good (i think) n did them in order. 5 n a 1/2 for Q19, 3 for Q20 and 4 for Q21...., but i noe i crap on the Q19 coz i jus make them :burn: up...........

k_stroud22

UAI 2006 83.70
HSC
yeah, i wrote

q19) 11
q20) 8
q21) 5 1/2

i ran out of time for the last one, i didnt finish ecological dimensions...oh well i think ok on the other 2...hope everyone else did well :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)