• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

how many people overloads (1 Viewer)

afta???

HSC
just wondering about how many people at your school overload their units in yr11 and yr 12

we hav only about 30/168 who overload in yr 11
n half in yr 12 doin 13/14 units n the other half 10/11 units

oranGez

King Jeremy the WiCKED++
HSC
^ what she said . . i dont see the point in doing so many units though . . waste of time . . .sure, 12 units in yr 12 is okay if you want a bit of safety net . . but 14 in yr 11?! 12?! bleh . . . madness . . . . .

i did 10 and that was good ( for me coz i am super duper smart)
but for all you kiddies that play on bos do 12. that way you have a safety net and 12 isnt too many ( so u can still fuck hot people during th year, all good!)

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
riiight... well i do 13 this year and ill be doing.... deciding on either 12-14 next year.. sounds dumb but hey its what i wanna do

afta???

HSC
i'm thinking 13 myself.....
and guess what ...out of the 21 people that got 100 uai last year, only one person took up 10 units.....
so up to you

oranGez

King Jeremy the WiCKED++
HSC
shit man, that's so weird . .

oh well . . i intend to break that tradition =D

kpq_sniper017

afta??? said:
i'm thinking 13 myself.....
and guess what ...out of the 21 people that got 100 uai last year, only one person took up 10 units.....
so up to you
a lot of them did 15+ units i think....according to that table....i might be wrong, but that's only from memory.

afta???

HSC
yet i know this guy who did 17 units at the same time some time ago but loved it...psycho

kpq_sniper017

afta??? said:
yet i know this guy who did 17 units at the same time some time ago but loved it...psycho
17!?!?!?!?!

i can do 15 units next year, but actually only physically do 13 (if i decide not to repeat ext 1 maths), which i guess is why so many james ruse guys do 15 units i.e. coz they accelerate and 2-4 units out of the way.

afta???

HSC
accelerating can b good or not good....for whole years or just subjects
i accelerated two years (through moving between countries) n found the work too hard...took me alot of effort to catch up to the level of 'average student'

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i could theoretically overload to 13u next yr, cuz i'm picking up ext history, but i've decided to drop drama, so its only 11

it's actually only 7 which will be bomb. i just don't see what's the point in doing 15 or 17 units. like, i'm only stressing myself out this yr to ensure less stress for next yr, what would be the point in doing that only to have a full load next yr?

kpq_sniper017

glycerine said:
i could theoretically overload to 13u next yr, cuz i'm picking up ext history, but i've decided to drop drama, so its only 11

it's actually only 7 which will be bomb. i just don't see what's the point in doing 15 or 17 units. like, i'm only stressing myself out this yr to ensure less stress for next yr, what would be the point in doing that only to have a full load next yr?
that's true.
but then again, if you're good at phys/chem/bio and business/eco. and u accelerate english or maths then there's no harm in doing it provided u can handle the work. for me, i'd say english and maths are the most laborious subjects (yr11 business is too, but it's more fun). so i'd be prepared to do 15 units (actually 13) if i really wanted to....but that's extremely unlikely.

DeepDarkRose

HSC
my school doesnt even let us do more than 13, and theres only one way yuo can do thirteen as well which cuts it down even more... dunno the point in doing heaps, just overload yourself and burn out... our careers adviser even said that the trend lately in our school has been that people getting the best marks did 10 units, so had more time to concentrate on each one... i accelerate so i can do 8 in year 12 if i want, but i'm gonna do 10, so i'll have time and the safety net for my horrible maths skills...

afta???

HSC
our school rarely lets us accelerate...
wat school do u go to?

toryn

Queen of Failure
HSC
I'm planning to do 12 next year, as my mum really wants me to have a safety net - her hsc was pretty dodgy. But I don't wanna do maths, so to compensate I have to pick up 2 more extension units, which I can only do if they fit lines (I don't know about that yet). But, if I can get one of my extensions but not the other, I still wanna do it, so I'll have to keep maths (but hopefully drop to general) and have 13 units.

It's a pretty scary prospect for someone who doesn't do work...

afta???

HSC
hahaha... bet u r finding ur maths teacher too hard to tolerate.
drop to general if u find 2 unit too hard ... too much compliments from oranGez about the gracious atmosphere in that class ... ... our school usually get in the top 2 % of general anyway so i dont think it will affect ur uai too much if u pick up two other extensions.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
A lot of people drop back from maths to gen, and do alright....so definitely go down if you're finding the work too hard...there's a girl at my school who accelerates in mod hist, eng, and something else, and if ppl at my school can do it...lol...ah, don't get me started. the overload thing..in your actual hsc year don't do more than 13, like some of you guys sed, most of the 16+ unit ppl accelerate...cos of changing schools I had to drop the acceleration eng in yr 10, but kept maths....so if I take up 13 subjects next year I'll have done 16 units, so it's not really all that freaky. And the james ruse people...they're not human, and thus should be excluded from discussion. :p

kpq_sniper017

cherryblossom said:
A lot of people drop back from maths to gen, and do alright....so definitely go down if you're finding the work too hard...there's a girl at my school who accelerates in mod hist, eng, and something else, and if ppl at my school can do it...lol...ah, don't get me started. the overload thing..in your actual hsc year don't do more than 13, like some of you guys sed, most of the 16+ unit ppl accelerate...cos of changing schools I had to drop the acceleration eng in yr 10, but kept maths....so if I take up 13 subjects next year I'll have done 16 units, so it's not really all that freaky. And the james ruse people...they're not human, and thus should be excluded from discussion. :p
hehe....that's not nice ;)
i think the stereotype is that jrahs students are all nerd-headed brainiacs, but i was surprised to discover that they also have to complete an intensive phys.ed. program from yrs7-10. even my school doesn't do that!

as for doing stacks of units....it's worthwhile if u accelerate. if i said i did 15 units, people would freak out, but i would actually only be doing 13 (which is standard at our school coz we have to do religion = 1 extra unit).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)