How many words in an hour? (1 Viewer)

Zippora

HSC
How many words is your practice essay/creative writing?

This isnt a show off thing, im actually a very slow writer, im just curious how long the average extension essay is.

HSC
Creative will be 1100-1200 or so, essay about the same or a bit less. I'm a pretty slow writer too, people will be pulling 1500+ each easy.

kinka11

HSC
my essay is 2000 words which i have learnt off by heart and written timed and its works but it means i have no time for thinking haha but on the other hand my story is quite short maybe max 1000 because i know i can do very well in my essay but not very well in my story. but yeaa it will all come down to the question my stress levels and ability to think haha

Jezzakar

HSC
ive decided, as much as this may just kill me, that im not prewriting essays. dont think im not prepared, i have quotes, techniques, conventions and story ideas, i just worry that if i get in there and the thing doesnt suit my preprepared im gunna freakout and screw up majorly. particularly for the story. this way, im keeping myself more flexible and able to work with the question. when ive read previous marker comments heaps went on about how the preprepareds didnt work well so yer, i just dont wanna screw it up.
nervous as hell.

morgoe

HSC
My creative is about 1600 words, my essay atm is 1800. Don't know if I can write that much, but I wrote ~1200 in 40 mins for modules, so 1800 should be theoretically possible. But I'm not memorising for this so I'll need to cut it down to allow for thinking time. ~1600 for each?

silverfiction

HSC
my creative is around 3 and a half to 4 pages on normal paper (not that crazy big spaced lined paper we get from the board of studies)

and i think my essay is around 4 pages ?

when i did other subjects i think 3 and a half written pages on normal paper is around 5-6 pages on the board of studies paper.

though i have no clue how many words i write in an hour.

i guess it doesnt really matter how many words because if your expression is bad then ur doomed anyway.

:uhhuh:

Clever Chick

2008- Year 12
HSC
yea my prepared essay which i have learnt is 1800

but one of my teachers said we should be getting 2500!!!
i dont understand how anyone could do that but goodluck to any that can!!!

n i havent prepared a creative i have no idea!!!
getting a bit nervous bout it
just so hard to do bloody stupid 19th cnetury stuff
i hate individual and society!!!

knots&crosses

HSC
essay=2100
creative=960.... I hope this isnt too short, but i do get to the point with suffiecient wording, imagery. Does anyone know what the recommendation for this is?

SomethingKiller

HSC
Don't stress, just do what you can. Mine are about 1500 words each, but it matters what you're writing, not how much. Just think about the question and make a valid, convincing answer that addresses it. Don't worry about prepared stuff overly, just ahve good material and a solid argument that can be manipulated into the question. Or a few.

Zippora

HSC
my creative is 1666, my essay is is 1400 with out an intro or conclusion, i seriously dont think i will make it in the exam though :(

4jess7lov

HSC
um im 1st at my scool for eng ext (and eng 2u) and my school is ranked top 5 always...and i write 1200 for each...no more....i have not lost a mark in eng the last two years..it does not matter at all how much you write...it is how you do it and answer the question..ps i will be 1st in state :p gd luck all dw abt how much u write at all

Freshmex

Stapler Donator.
HSC
4jess7lov said:
um im 1st at my scool for eng ext (and eng 2u) and my school is ranked top 5 always...and i write 1200 for each...no more....i have not lost a mark in eng the last two years..it does not matter at all how much you write...it is how you do it and answer the question..ps i will be 1st in state :p gd luck all dw abt how much u write at all
Fail troll is fail.

sportylake

HSC
kinka11 said:
my essay is 2000 words which i have learnt off by heart and written timed and its works but it means i have no time for thinking haha but on the other hand my story is quite short maybe max 1000 because i know i can do very well in my essay but not very well in my story. but yeaa it will all come down to the question my stress levels and ability to think haha
your gonna just remember your essay? and just plug it in? generic? good luck with that then!

i wrote 1880 in 58mins in the exam.

churchcake

HSC
am a slow writer so i spend more time in planning. mine is about 1200 words for creative, the layout and content (key phrase) can be more important than the actual no. i normally do quite ok with 1100-1300,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)