How many? (1 Viewer)

MushROOM HeaD

HSC
So i heard some people have a class of 6 for food tech .. yer same here lol

how many are in your class?

also one more thing .. alot a people say food tech is easy but let me tell you tis not as simple .. there is alot o theory and alota study does go into it so all those people who think tis easy your wrong :mad1:

personally i think on tha note it shuldn't be scaled so low ... what do you guys reckon?

mushroom

TamikaD

HSC
We had 4 last yr. I scored 91, buts its really hard! I had to work my butt off! I think it should be scaled UP!!

CheekyPunk

HSC
I got like, 20 or something, but mostly cause people thought it would be a bludge.

Yeah, it is a hard course, cause there is sooooo much to know. And its also really... current? So you have to be up with the times to get good marks.

Also, one of the girls in my class said that it is one of the hardest exams.. like, food tech as a subject. Then Chem, then PDH or something. (excluding maths and exts and stuff). Dunno where she got that from... but sounds good.

And it should scale more i reckon.

ali777

HSC
there's 10 or 11 students in my class. yeah food tech is a lot more challenging than people give it credit for, a lot of people have asked me "do you have to cook something for your HSC?" and im like...no its hardly got anything to do with cooking! there is a lot of theory, but overall if we use common sense and put a few pieces of food tech terminology im pretty sure the markers will love us...haha

23 hours and the HSC is overrrr!! unless you're unlucky & are doing society and culture as well :(

sem77

HSC
There's 5 in my class but like only 3 of us take it seriously! I reackon it should be scaled up to it's a lot of info to remember and doesnt always stick to the syllabus with all the current info u need to no!

chook_223

HSC
I did the HSC last year and there was only like 8 people in the class, and only 2 of us took is seriously (me and one of my friends) and yeah it is hard and i worked alot to get 92! i hope everyone that did it this year thought the test was ok, good luck to u all.

ryda

HSC
Food tech is so easy..

without studying i easily get over 90%

i just listen in class alot

shinelover

HSC
i have around 15 in my class? lotsa ppl thought it'll be a bludge (same with biology >_>)

i find Food tech. relatively easy in most parts XD but yea..lotsa stuff to remember =] and the research assignment ( yr 12 assessment task 1-> AFI) is kinda hard coz the companies dun give u much detail and it's hard to try and relate each of them separately..

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
I pulled off a 94 in the HSC but thats with ALOT of studying- I can see the difficult side to it but it is much more straight forward than most other subjects.

I also had a very small class... 8 i think.

HAVE WE GOT A FOOD TECH CLASS OF 2008 HERE?

Last edited:

honeyandlemon

HSC
i have 8 in my class... theres quite a bit of work involved in memorisation, but if you memorise well the exams are really easy...
i think its way easier then subjects like chemistry in that respect, for chem you actually have to be able to make up formulas and stuff which you cant exactly just memorise for...

my friend was saying sumthing about the less people that do a subject, the worse it scales or sumthing which might mean why... but yeah i think if u put the effort in its pretty hard to get below 70 compared to subjects like maths whereyou try your ass off and cant even pass

LiLi.azndoll

HSC
N/A
woah i though our class didnt have many
we have 18 students.

i didnt know it was scaled down ??

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
i have 16 in my class and yes i reakon it is a challanging subject and should scaled up and that they should bring back ext food tech i reackon there should be a petition for it to come back cause it sounded so much fun.

fayeee

HSC
marcquelle said:
i have 16 in my class and yes i reakon it is a challanging subject and should scaled up and that they should bring back ext food tech i reackon there should be a petition for it to come back cause it sounded so much fun.
omgsh! since when was there extension foodtech?

that would've been tons tons tons awesome.....

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
they stopped doing it in 1998

you did a big research project on an aspect of the food industry (virtually anything to do with food). So you could say a ft pip/irp.

i would have been so great

i would have done research into part of nutrition

BOSSSSS

HSC
There is about 8 in my class. Yes, I agree that food tech is regarded as 'easy' but the assignments are huge! And its scaled so lowly. Food is something we need everyday, I don't understand why it should be scaled so low.

True2azn

michael.tito
HSC
we got like 25 in our class
but only 2 boys
>.<"
rest girls, which is so DAMN lucky!
^^

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
yeah we only have two boys in our class as well, poor us, stuck in a class full of girls. Actually the most guys in any of my classes is 4 in my geography class lols gender imbalance

arumisan

HSC
there's 14 in my class, 2 guys and the rest are girls. there was originally 16 before i dropped out because he claimed that he was doing too many units and the other had to drop out because of health reasons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)