How much do you pay for gym? (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I used to think being stuck on a Fitness First contract was a bad thing... but once it was finished, I felt like I was getting rate hikes every 6 months. What started off as $20/fortnight for passport on corporate plan had climbed to $40 in a couple of years. Ended up quitting the gym after that especially as I had moved to a place which had it's own gym.

nrussell

HSC
I used to think being stuck on a Fitness First contract was a bad thing... but once it was finished, I felt like I was getting rate hikes every 6 months. What started off as $20/fortnight for passport on corporate plan had climbed to $40 in a couple of years. Ended up quitting the gym after that especially as I had moved to a place which had it's own gym.
Fit n Fast is about the same if not worse with much worse facilities IMO. I'm just dreading turning 18 and not being able to pay junior rates at my gym.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Fit n Fast is about the same if not worse with much worse facilities IMO. I'm just dreading turning 18 and not being able to pay junior rates at my gym.
A lot of my friends moved to uni gyms as full time students which is also an option. For me, I think as you get to the age of moving out/renting then just get a place with a (decent) gym.

nrussell

HSC
A lot of my friends moved to uni gyms as full time students which is also an option. For me, I think as you get to the age of moving out/renting then just get a place with a (decent) gym.
Yeah did not consider uni gyms, that's what i'll probably end up doing.

I'm pretty attached to the current gym though, amazing people and the perfect equipment. I joined Fit n Fast in the holidays because it was closer to work and it was just shitty... bars felt off, bench press wasn't adjustable, no deadlifting platform, dumbells only up to 30kg.

When the bill came emailed them saying I wasn't going to pay because of X, Y and Z and they said okay thank god.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah did not consider uni gyms, that's what i'll probably end up doing.

I'm pretty attached to the current gym though, amazing people and the perfect equipment. I joined Fit n Fast in the holidays because it was closer to work and it was just shitty... bars felt off, bench press wasn't adjustable, no deadlifting platform, dumbells only up to 30kg.

When the bill came emailed them saying I wasn't going to pay because of X, Y and Z and they said okay thank god.
FWIW whilst many people (myself included) complain about the price, unless you're going to the most premium of expensive gyms, the price differential in dollar terms is never going to be that significant when you spread out the marginal cost across the number of sessions you actually have at the gym. I used to rationalise it based on if I go 3 or 4 days a week, then the price is only $x more, and I'd be willing to pay that much more for the <insert factor such as easy parking, convenient location, friends going there with me, classes, etc. >.

nrussell

HSC
FWIW whilst many people (myself included) complain about the price, unless you're going to the most premium of expensive gyms, the price differential in dollar terms is never going to be that significant when you spread out the marginal cost across the number of sessions you actually have at the gym. I used to rationalise it based on if I go 3 or 4 days a week, then the price is only $x more, and I'd be willing to pay that much more for the <insert factor such as easy parking, convenient location, friends going there with me, classes, etc. >.
Interesting way of putting it, cheers

Gary_Oak

Taking a Piss
HSC
I used to pay like $15.99 per fortnight for a gym

Its near the manly sea eagles club, called premier gym. Was alright enough, but quit because i live too far, and cbf going

hdl

HSC
$14ish a week, but gym has good facilities e.g. good quality equipment (hammer strength), power racks, can deadlift etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)