How much do you pay per week for your Fitness First Membership? [rip off] (1 Viewer)

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
Fitness First Membership? [rip off] - How much per week do YOU pay?

So about this time last year I signed up for a 12 month contract at the gym, and it is about to expire... During the last 12 months I find out there are many people paying a lot less than I am....

Per week I spend 19.95. 39.95 a fortnight, 80 dollars per month...

I started talking to lots of people and not one spends as much as I.... People spend between 11/15 $ per week.... and these are not people who have used the deal 'invite a friend and get money off your membership'

so over 1000$ LATER [all joining fees etc inc].. my membership is about to expire.
So I go in for my cancellation meeting and get the option... 29.00 per fortnight - yet I need to lock in for 12 months... I go home to think about it, then decide yes I will be saving 20$ a month so that's okay, tell the reception desk that I won't be cancelling and I will be accepting the new offer... I get a phone call today that says oh no sorry that deal wasn't really a deal but just a thing for our staff... So I am like WTF... They offer me a new deal... 34$ a fortnight, but I don't need to sign up for twelve months...

This company has got to be one of the worst companies... My sister says she wants to join a few days before my cancellation meeting, and she gets offered 13$ a week membership :burn: , then the following week she gets offered 16.95 per week membership to join up which is even cheaper then my offer to stay....And no joining fee with either deal...

Should I take my offer, or what... They are ripping me off I know... I am so angry about how much crap they have put me through... What should I do, should I write a letter to their head office or something complaining on how much of a shit company they are for screwing me around? I want to keep going, because I love the classes and it keeps me fit.

And what is your weekly membership fee?

Last edited:

quik.

HSC
I would decline.

My mum rang me the other day telling me her workmate could get me 14.95 a week. I like my uni gym so I declined, but honestly, your getting boned.

Either go in and haggle, and get it down to a level you're happy with, or find another gym. There should be at least a few gyms near you that are not gigantic chains that couldn't give a toss if they lose one member.

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
But the thing is I really like their classes. I just wish they were as nice to existing members rather than to people they want to join up. How can they go back on their word like that. Why can't I pay between 11-15 per week, I am a uni student with no current income, it really isn't fair. :burn: I tried haggling giving the 'i am only a uni student i can't afford to keep up with the 19.90 a week' card, then I got offered the 29.90 deal, now they are going back on their word, with the 34 per fortnight deal...

AHHHHHHHHHH why why why why :burn: It isn't fair!

quik.

HSC
So find another gym. If your at uni, does your campus have a gym? Any tafes nearby that might? Or just find a smaller local gym... plenty of options :]

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
Nope all my local gyms have closed down due to fitness first moving in. My uni does have a gym, but I don't actually like the 'gym' equipment etc, I only go for the classes such as bodyattack bodyjam and bodystep etc.... The closest tafe is 45 minute drive. The FF is 5 minutes away... :burn:

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
I think unis are ok. Other places include: social/sports clubs (of all sorts). They may be a bit cheaper if you are their members.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
My brother used to be a member of fitness first and they fucked him over too, they also would keep changing his deal and going back on what they had said. they are full of shit. If you really want to keep going there go and argue with them about the price or try and talk to the manager, and if not, definitley write to their head office.
My brother got my mum to go and yell at them and he ended up getting his own way :) But you should look around at other gyms. There should be anothergym around somewhere that does the les mills classes

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
My brother used to be a member of fitness first and they fucked him over too, they also would keep changing his deal and going back on what they had said. they are full of shit. If you really want to keep going there go and argue with them about the price or try and talk to the manager, and if not, definitley write to their head office.
My brother got my mum to go and yell at them and he ended up getting his own way :) But you should look around at other gyms. There should be anothergym around somewhere that does the les mills classes

Nooooooo there isn't !!! No where that is close anyway! I live in the middle of no where :mad1:

I wrote an email complaint to them on friday, haven't gotten a response, maybe I should write a proper letter to HO as well. I have no balls to yell at them- I whined that I was a uni student and complained that everyone I knew was getting a membership for much less than I, but the bitch was being so condesending to everything I said, maybe I should get my dad too yell at her! Hmmm... I wonder if my letters will actually do anything...:confused: All I want to do is pay what everyone else my age is!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not in a contract anymore I don't see why this is a problem why do I have to pay so much more!!!!!!!!!!!! :burn:

quik.

HSC
Have you actually gone in and said that you want the same rate as other people?

I don't mean asking, I mean telling them that you know x, y and z have weekly fees of 15 and that you won't tolerate being asked to pay 35?

If all else fails ask to speak to the gym owner as well, politely explain the situation and why you think it's unfair, and if they still won't budge there's really nothing else but pay or find somewhere else.

Edit: lol at northern beaches being the middle of nowhere :p

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
quik. said:
Have you actually gone in and said that you want the same rate as other people?

I don't mean asking, I mean telling them that you know x, y and z have weekly fees of 15 and that you won't tolerate being asked to pay 35?

If all else fails ask to speak to the gym owner as well, politely explain the situation and why you think it's unfair, and if they still won't budge there's really nothing else but pay or find somewhere else.

Edit: lol at northern beaches being the middle of nowhere :p

LOL it is! Newport sucks theres like nothing around lmao!

Yes I have spoken to a customer care manager, and said that but she said yeah well thats for new members those deals arent available to existing members. PS I pay 19.95 a week, I want to pay <15...

I am not confident enough to stick up for myself though, I voice my concerns in a weak pissy girls voice :rofl:

alby

cool duckie
HSC
my bf's from newport too...he said there's one in narrabeen (he cant remember what its called..next to a pub on the main road, upstairs), but he said its probably more expensive caus its got more specalised/newer equipment.
maybe see if brookie tafe has anything? i know my tafe does (havent checked it out though), but i'm not sure if you have to be enrolled there to get it
otherwise, you're only other option is your uni gym or doing independant stuff (eg. joining some clubs or doing stuff by yourself/with friends)

Last edited:

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
alby said:
my bf's from newport too...he said there's one in narrabeen (he cant remember what its called..next to a pub on the main road, upstairs), but he said its probably more expensive caus its got more specalised/newer equipment.
maybe see if brookie tafe has anything? i know my tafe does (havent checked it out though), but i'm not sure if you have to be enrolled there to get it
otherwise, you're only other option is your uni gym or doing independant stuff (eg. joining some clubs or doing stuff by yourself/with friends)

Yeah brookie tafe is a bit too far away just to go to the gym though :(, and I don't have the motivation to do my own thing including inside the gym, I need to do classes lmao

Sigh, no reply yet from the gym either...:bomb:

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
i suppose its a good thing ive never been involved with fitness first.
$$80 a month? thats bullshit.
i go to a run down gym literally 200m from my house and i pay $30 a month.
the equipment and machines may be all old and shit but they work.

Tiffanys

Executed member
HSC
i pay 34.95 fortnightly but thats shite coz its poseto be 17 or some shit like that. whoevers running customer service is the scum of the earth

7th Sign

HSC
fitness first is much cheaper to wait for a deal to be on then sign up for the whole year, you will save heaps in the long run.

I mean ive seen it as low as $400 for the whole year so your getting worked lol

but its more for gyms wiht more things like pools and all other junk...

depends on what you want lol

Collin

HSC
N/A
Mona Vale Fitness First, I presume. I go to the Dee Why one.

Collin

HSC
N/A
None of them are particularly better. But I'm not even on one of those 'fortnightly' plans; I joined quite awhile before they introduced that system.

cutiebabyforeva

Coz I'm Cool Like That ;)
HSC
I signed up for a 12 month period and paid $390 which is about $7.50 a week!
Dayumm that's cheap! Didn't realise it was that cheap hehehe. It's also coz Im under 18 and it's not the biggest gym. And signing up for 12 month was relatively cheaper than 9 months or 3 months.

Btw my bad... I just read the title properly and realised that it said Fitness First... Lol because I dont go to Fitness First :p
But heyy... now you have a comparison with some other gym :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)