How much do you pay per week for your Fitness First Membership? [rip off] (1 Viewer)

lilfairy

HSC
haha fitness first are the worst, ive heard that most the people they hire as personal trainers have failed their exams numerous times so they are a bunch of bone heads apparently...i just joined fernwood and loving it, i spend $38 a fortnight which is a bit dear but i think its worth the money for the service and facilities but by the sounds of things i would find a friend and work out at home just by some equipment it would work out cheaper in the long run use internet to find out what you can do for your fitness goals to.

www.bellaonline.com

my favourite site for fitness routines good luck anyways

gracie007

HSC
go to a different gym. im about to sign up to a gym thanks to a reference from a happy friend...its called body shape. they have heaps of free classes, usually a sauna, spa and solarium, showers lockers , heaps of tvs, ur regular equipment, they even have a makeup table with free deo and hairdryers where u can get ready to go out after if u are. its prety cool. but the best thing is , its only girls! so u dont have to worry about sweating it out and looking shit in front of guys. so good. for 1 year its around $640, unlimited use of everything.
http://www.bodyshape.com.au/site.htm theres one in dee why/ n warringah?

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
gracie007 said:
go to a different gym. im about to sign up to a gym thanks to a reference from a happy friend...its called body shape. they have heaps of free classes, usually a sauna, spa and solarium, showers lockers , heaps of tvs, ur regular equipment, they even have a makeup table with free deo and hairdryers where u can get ready to go out after if u are. its prety cool. but the best thing is , its only girls! so u dont have to worry about sweating it out and looking shit in front of guys. so good. for 1 year its around $640, unlimited use of everything.
http://www.bodyshape.com.au/site.htm theres one in dee why/ n warringah?

Ohhhhhhh see I want classes man. And I like to perve on the guys :) - from a distance :rofl:

I am now paying... 17 per week. Lame.

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
Uni gyms are the way to go. I'm paying $150 for a 4 month membership, which includes access for all the classes and pools. Equipment is brand new and the staff are friendly.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
CharlieB said:
Uni gyms are the way to go. I'm paying $150 for a 4 month membership, which includes access for all the classes and pools. Equipment is brand new and the staff are friendly.
which uni?

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
uni gyms are good to the point u have to wait and queue for everything

K.

HSC
CharlieB said:

agreed.

Even the lockers are free!

Pace_T

HSC
everybody with a gym membership has been ripped off full stop. everything you do in the gym can be done outside of it.

thirsty

HSC
but spending the money on the membership is great motivation, and doing things by yourself isn't the same as classes, I'm joining the gym today and i will go the three days a week I'm at uni plus i go walking other days and i like the classes, and u can use the gym when its raining or whatever. I think they are worth it, but its all personal choice i guess.

quik.

HSC
Pace_T said:
everybody with a gym membership has been ripped off full stop. everything you do in the gym can be done outside of it.
Dunno about you but throwing down a couple thousand dollars on equipment is a tad unrealistic for me at this point in time.

NinjaSauce

HSC
Pace_T said:
Hey... if your cool carrying around barbell and 200kg+ plates around with you to a park to lift; more power to you.

Other advantages of a gym:

1. Flat, safe lifting platforms.
2. Squat and power racks.
3. Dumbells. (Even more weight you'd need to bring to the park/wherever)
4. Cable machines.
5. Showe facilities
6. Atmosphere (sometimes... 'globo' gyms such as FF and the like are painful)
7. 'clean' equipment. Assuming you gym does this, which it should. It saves you disinfecting your stuff at home, etc.
8. Plus a large crazy assortment of gear that i dont have the space, or money to purchase myself.

Gym memberships are typically well spent; definately for the most people here who are only moderate users.

thirsty

HSC
I joined the gym on monday!!!! hows this for a bargain $31 a month. You get to use everything, do the classes all included its mad. the only thing is u dont get use of the pool, but i never use it anyway so yay I'm stoked.

Its The Forum at UNCLE by the way

JBALECH

HSC
i recentlyy signed up for fitness first.
no problems no hassels
its 29.95 a fortnight but in a year contract.
BrandNEWgym.
lving it !!

Miliux

Livin' in Amsterdam
HSC
30 dollars a fortnight/60 a month. Gold Passport membership.

I used to be Space Gym in Chatswood, then got transfered to FF.

In Amsterdam, i'm paying 140 Euro a year. That's like 260 dollars.

Last edited:

xxJTxx

HSC
Fitness First? I have a Gold Passport Membership...I pay $11.50 a week..i.e. $23 a fortnight i.e. $46 a month i.e. $552 a year :)

I took it off my mum :) She started out on nearly $70 a month, and constantly got $5 off, seriously by referring random people..i.e. she used to see people sitting down signing up, when the membership consultant would go to the back room to like get the contracts or something, she'd approach them and say can you say I referred you or whatever....hahaha :D Oh and it went down because of an MBF offer as well...

She got a diff membership, the have to be in the gym before 4pm one..only works at one club..:)

NinjaSauce

HSC
The catholic club has me interested, completely forgot about that one.

And Musk, I see you go to UTS. UTS has an EXCELLENT gym. I train there occasionally, and i don't even attend that Uni!

Their squat rack is a little flimsy, but they have some excellent equipment. And, whenever i train there, i always pull PRs! I hold it close to my heart.

Decent pricing too for a student.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)