how much is too much? (1 Viewer)

jack white

After Hours
HSC
hey fellow critical responders,

i am having trouble with knowing when enough secondary research is enough...i really just want to sit down and write my critical response but i don't know if i have to keep researching as there is such a wealth of info on the net that i just don't know where to stop. at the moment i have stacks of dowloaded essays/sources but not many books...do i need to consult more more books?

basically, how much indicates "too much"?

Jacks

HSC
I don't think you can have "too much" provided of course that the info that you do have is relevant and helps you in some way. There is no reason why you can't start writing with the reseach you have, keep an eye out for other stuff, and use that either later on...or go back and edit the appropriate parts. Only you can know when you have enough for your particular work. So long as you have researched both form and content you should be fine. I do suggest you try to find more books if you can...that being said a wide range of texts are good. The material you can find with depend on the topic of your major work...so just look around and you'll know when you think you've done enough...but like I said use what you have as a sarting point, there is nothing stopping you from getting other material down the track. If you think you have what you need to write a great response then go for it...your major work is a work in progress...and one you can continue to research as you go. Good luck!

jack white

After Hours
HSC
thank you.

thanks for that jacks. i am dying to write and my teacher thinks i should. so i guess, as you have said, i'll just bloody start and find some more stuff if needed along the way. bye

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)