How much 'stuff' does everyone have in their journal? (1 Viewer)

lilkatie

How fat are your journals?
I don't know how much stuff I have to make up
Also as I haven't been dating my work and I am now going to go through and put dates in so it looks like ive been working all year =p What date did we start ext 2?

bigwillz

Bigwillz
HSC
N/A
haha, my journal is minmalistic. well i havea heap of stuff to put in , but it has yet to be done, so at the moment it is about 60 pages worth. ive just finished my work and i now plan to do teh reflection statement and fabricate.. i mean compile my journal.

waterbottle

your buttcheeks is warm
HSC
mine is pretty fat so i'm happy with that, but i lost my journal for a period of time and haven't really written in it since then, so i think my last entry was in early june some time. i have to fill in all that time now.

lilkatie

Oh so I don't have to date then that is good
I have about 40 pages of photocopies and writing so far....do I need alot more?...probably hey

HSC
N/A
Quality is far better than quantity. :)

I ended up with a pretty full A4 size exercise book as my journal, although one of the girls in my school had five. Yes, five!

Provided you stick in all your drafts and are constantly researching/reading, reviewing, and reflecting (the three ee2 r's), you will have at least a decent-sized journal (even if you think your concept doesn't really need to be researched). For those who need to research a lot more (say, if you were researching a culture, for example) then your journal will be a lot more.

But the fact remains, dear hearts. The journal serves to prove that you wrote your major work, and that you did your research to support your major work's development. So long as you do this, it doesn't matter how many journals you have. :)

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
glitterfairy said:
One of the girls in my school had five. Yes, five!
You're kidding me, right? And all the people at my school keep telling me that my lever arch folder is too much...

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
lol.

It really depends on what you're doing - her major work required a heck of a lot of researching for Japan. I think she told me that 3 of them were for culture research alone, the other two was for actual "journal" kinda stuff.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha, i ended up with 12 pages barely filling the page on each. Like glitterfairy said, its not about the quantity.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
my journal has over 140,000 words...as you can see I *love* my journal, I definitely don't envy the marker who tries to read it though:p

Korobushka

HSC
I've got about 30 pages of an A3 Art pad. (Which is excluding the drafts - What I have done up to July has been stuck in - the rest will be archived in the back)

So in all, about 20 pages of fairly large handwriting. Which will probably fill to about 30 by whenever it's due.

Wow, some people work too hard I tell you! ;)

timmay05

HSC
I have 1 nice little diary like book (16cm by 22cm)
1 A4 folder with about 100 pages worth of print outs and annotations in there
1 A4 folder for my deconstruction of Rapunzel (20 pages at least)
An art scrap book for drafts, probably 80 A4 pages stuck in there and 15 pages of writing on A3 paper.

PLUS a room full of crap that I never get aroudn to filing away

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
probably 250 pages all up (this is not all written!!! Factor in handouts and internal assessments and you'll get about 300+... I'm not ganna actually sit there and count because its pointless.) I really enjoyed the concept of the journal, as in the constant working on the major work, that was really a motivator for me :uhhuh:

lilkatie

Oh dear, I only have 1 A4 96 pg book that is about 3/4 full of some writing and mostly photocopied pages (gotta love photocopies)

J

jhakka

Mine was a couple of hundred pages, but that was mainly made up of drafts.

NOTE: This thread has been moved to the main Extension 2 forum.

steffo

steph
HSC
kami said:
my journal has over 140,000 words...as you can see I *love* my journal, I definitely don't envy the marker who tries to read it though:p
i love my journal too!!
i have found it one of the best parts of this year. maybe coz ee2 has been the best subject, but i just love it to bits. i will keep it forever and ever and ever. good old journaly wournaly.

courtnez

Now, what I want is Facts
HSC
My journal is my life. I love it to pieces... so much in fact that the spine started to split apart and I didn't have any tape around to bind it together so I used a stapler. So the journal is also extremely dangerous -- I think I might have to stick some material over the parts where the staples have gone through to save the markers from the pain I go through whenever I graze my hand on the staples. Literal blood and sweat in that journal, yessir. And I think that I've managed to use about 10+ glue sticks on it as well, thanks to the art of gluing in all photocopies, all printed copies, all nice things that make me think of my MW. The journal is special... I've named it Chubster.

kyu_chan

the REAL nightmare begins
HSC
courtnez said:
My journal is my life. I love it to pieces... so much in fact that the spine started to split apart and I didn't have any tape around to bind it together so I used a stapler. So the journal is also extremely dangerous -- I think I might have to stick some material over the parts where the staples have gone through to save the markers from the pain I go through whenever I graze my hand on the staples. Literal blood and sweat in that journal, yessir. And I think that I've managed to use about 10+ glue sticks on it as well, thanks to the art of gluing in all photocopies, all printed copies, all nice things that make me think of my MW. The journal is special... I've named it Chubster.
wow, such passion! XD

i value my journal lots and alots too... but not to the stage where I've named it... maybe I should ^_^

OutOfOrder

HSC
i hate my journal, all journals.
My journal right now consists of 3 pages of writing and an inch of printed draftsI plan to just stick in my 20 different drafts showing the development of it and explain/review it in writing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)