How should I approach my Germany 1919-39 Empathy Task? (1 Viewer)

conorrr

HSC
Hi,

I've been given an Empathy task for modern history, for the study of Germany (1919-39)

We can pre prepare for the task, but it's also our half yearly exam.

We are allocated an identity (I got Army official), and we have to reflect on our experiences during the years 1919-35.

Quote from the notification: "On the day of the task you will be given 3-4 of the issues and problems encountered by Germans during the time period and you are to write a well-researched, detailed and thought–out recount of your experiences and feelings".

Issues included are: Beer Hall Putsch, Locarno Pact, influence of Army, the Reichstag fire, the constitution, the Enabling Act, Hitler’s rapid consolidation of power, the Nuremburg Laws, the Night of the Long Knives, Volksgemeinschaft etc.

We're required to discuss our feelings as person living in that era, and how our identity was effected by it.
Other questions we've been given are:
• What was your reaction to the implementation of democracy in 1918?
• How did you feel about the Treaty of Versailles?
• What was your response to some of the early uprisings eg Spartacist, Kapp Putsch etc?
• Comment on your reactions to hyperinflation, Stresemann years, Great Depression.
• What do you think of the Nazi Party? How did you vote in the various elections? Why?

Reason I made this post was to ask for help on how to approach it, and if any help could be offered in regards to my Army Official identity I would be vvverrrryyyyyyyyyyy thankful.

Cheers guys
:smile:

edwardf316

HSC
N/A
Is this an assessment? Because if not it sounds like a tremendous waste of time. Just write essays dude

enoilgam

HSC
This sounds remarkably similar to a task I did in year 12 (I was a Prussian general). You just need to frame where your person fits into German society and from there you can easily build an approach to those questions. Here is how would approach each:

- An Army official is likely to be disdainful of democracy, they would have been a strong proponent of Dolchtoss and would deride it as being weak
- Similarly, the official would view Versailles as overly punitive, unfair and restrictive of the army
- Attribute those three to governmental incompetence and "November Criminals". Express nostalgia for the Kaiserreich and Bismark's leadership
- You arent completely a fan of Hitler because of his "status", but you believe that the Nazi party is Germany's only hope if it wishes to return to greatness

conorrr

HSC
This sounds remarkably similar to a task I did in year 12 (I was a Prussian general). You just need to frame where your person fits into German society and from there you can easily build an approach to those questions. Here is how would approach each:

- An Army official is likely to be disdainful of democracy, they would have been a strong proponent of Dolchtoss and would deride it as being weak
- Similarly, the official would view Versailles as overly punitive, unfair and restrictive of the army
- Attribute those three to governmental incompetence and "November Criminals". Express nostalgia for the Kaiserreich and Bismark's leadership
- You arent completely a fan of Hitler because of his "status", but you believe that the Nazi party is Germany's only hope if it wishes to return to greatness
Only just realised that I had recieved this reply, thank you so much, I'll keep everything in mind for next week! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)