How to answer this question for Ext English with emphasis on evaluate, values and context (1 Viewer)

Allsaints2004

HSC
Evaluate how changes in context and values allow composers to retell important stories from new perspectives, wherein they empower, humanise and repair what is broken.

In relation to a brave new world and handmaids tale season 1

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm not familiar with either of the texts listed. However, I thought I'd provide some information on how you might approach a question such as this with emphasis on "evaluate", "values" and "context".

In terms of the word "evaluate", it is defined by NESA as:

make a judgement based on criteria; determine the value of
Effectively answering an "evaluate" question requires a few steps to be completed:
  1. Description of feature/issue: In the case of your question, this implies stating and describing the changes in context and values.​
  2. Identify and analyse positive aspects of changes in context and values as well as negative aspects of changes in context and values (where applicable).​
  3. Establish constant links to the question as well as a conclusion that clearly explains what one can deduce from your analysis.​
In terms of the words "values" and "context", those are more specific/relevant to the texts you're required to use and form the basis of your response. You could probably look at the main issue/aspect explored in each of the texts with respect to the word "context" and then establish a reason for which composers are able to retell important stories from new perspectives. I believe the same also applies to the word "values", except that you might be looking for more specific aspects highlighted in both texts, from which you can then establish links to the question, as opposed to a more general aspect in the case of the word "context".

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)