how to "get into it" (1 Viewer)

kokodamonkey

HSC
I know that once you "get into it" its very easy to just sit there and get a few hours of top-notch study done... but i find it very hard to "get into it". Anyone have any tips of how to "get into it" ??

Season

HSC
Tell yourself you're going to do it for an hour and then you're going to stop. You should stop after an hour and give your brain a break anyways. If you keep thinking that you'll sit down and just work for hours and you're going to be happy doing it... then you'r sadly mistaken.

Also another technique is to put yourself in a place that you never not study in... like a library with only silence and your study books to comfort you.

Studly.McGee

Banned
HSC
Just sit the hell down and get into it. Eliminate distractions. Force yourself into whatever it is you want to do.

Ademir

HSC
i would also like to know ways of getting into it. its a bit late, but it might be useful for the HSC.

so far ive just relied on a constant pattern of procrastination, then staying up all night to do the assessments a night before. its worked, but my energy levels during the day are extremely low.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
lmao have a close friend as a motivational buddy LOL =]
works wonders for me !

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
hahaha xclusv2bhung you're my motivational buddy =P no seriously you are, a phone call from you and i get all worked up and full go and do 43673499437979725 hrs of study =D i'd probly get a UAI of 60 if it weren't for you

mat2154

HSC
usually the biggest distraction is the computer. keep a log of how much time you spend on the computer and watching tv and try to keep it to like 4 hours a week. Also don't listen to music and study in a quiet place. but i guess the best one is to set a goal (ie imagine how happy you will be when you get your +98 uai or the money when you make med etc)

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
xclusv2bhung said:
lmao have a close friend as a motivational buddy LOL =]
works wonders for me !
Lucky >.<;

Usually, I just force myself to sit in front of work and start off with stuff I'm good at and, once I feel confident enough, tackle the subjects I'm bad at later on, say maybe after 2h of studying for the subject I'm good at

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
lol at least you can concentrate for 2 hours.
my concentration span is only like .. 1 hour or less.

maybe i duno .. start with the subjects you`re not as good at , earlier in the day .. so then you`re refreshed and all =)

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
xclusv2bhung said:
lol at least you can concentrate for 2 hours.
my concentration span is only like .. 1 hour or less.

maybe i duno .. start with the subjects you`re not as good at , earlier in the day .. so then you`re refreshed and all =)
I'm so not believing that XP

My mind's just completely dead every morn when I wake up. I sometimes trip while having a morn shower, let alone study XD Unless that comment was directed at the TC? o_O

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)