how to get to parra campus? (1 Viewer)

baka

***el, idiot.
HSC
hey guys,
what is the easiest way to get to the campus via public transport?.
ive heard you can get off at westmead train station, and walk.
I live in the liverpool area, so would it be possible to catch a t-way bus to parramatta and another bus to the campus?. if so, which buses and where from?
Any help would be great. thanks :D

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
You can get buses from parra stattion like the 525 and I am not sure of the other ones but there is more than one.

You can also catch a train to Rydalmere station and walk

My friend catches a bus from Liverpool I'll ask her and find out

baka

***el, idiot.
HSC
That would be fantastic. Thanks in adv Melsc!!!

melsc said:
You can get buses from parra stattion like the 525 and I am not sure of the other ones but there is more than one.

L

LaraB

melsc said:

You can catch any of the buses from the 525 bus stand - btw, when you come outa the station, you walk left.. as in away from westfields. and it's one of the furthest ones on the same side of the road as the station.. u can get any of the 525/523 etc buses or the L20 :)

There's one just about every 5 minutes

klh

HSC
i dont know about the other ways, btu as laraB says aove, its the most popular way fro everyone. Rydalmere station is on a one track line, so you have to wait a long while for trains, but its riht next door to the UWS Parramatta campus and is cheaper to take as its just a train ticket.
For most of us, we get to Parramatta station and then take th sydney buses as LaraB mentioned above, which are quite often. If you are taking it often, travel tens are tickets which makes tkaing trains quicker and efficient, and you buy them form the cityrail station.
I dotn know about hte liverpool one sorry...

you guys shoudl consult the timetables and maps if youre not too sure abotu the T-way and the liverpool buses. i thinks its the www.131500.info site, or do a google search.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
you can catch a train to clyde, and switch and wait for the train to take you to rydalmere. when i used to go at the start of the semester i remember the train leaving clyde at close to the half pasts (ie 8:40, 9:40, etc.) and in the afternoon the train goes to clyde at the quarter-tos (ie 3:45, 4:45, 5:45). but you can always arrive late to your lectures the first week and learn the second week ;) :rolleyes:

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
man dont get off at westmead.. TOO FAR!! get off at parramata and walk to the bus terminals at parramatta then catch the bus from there.. its like 2mins from para station and about 5mins from westmead station (to the same bus stops).. if u were going to westmead uws then yer its closer to get off at westmead but u want parra

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
its the police campus i think but i also think that after we get our medical school running they will turn it into a place for the doctors/nurses go to work close to westmead hospital

sumguy

HSC
how do we get back to parramatta station/westfield from uws parramatta campus, do we catch the same buses we took to get at the campus? does anybody know when the sydney buses stop running? thanks

klh

HSC
well from parra campus, you walk out back to victoria road, and if you want a bus back to westfield/parra station, the bus stop is on the main parra campus side, whereas if you took the bus fom the station to uws parra, the bus stops on the north parra uws campus.

The run till late, if you want, check the sydney buses website for a timetable [525, 520, L20] but form memory i think the last bus was at like 11pm?

sumguy

HSC
thanks, would it take alot longer if i took the sam sydney buses? cause it runs at their destination for eg. it stops at parra campus, then it goes to rydalmere, silverwater, newington? or does it goe back to parra station directly? if that's the case would it be alot faster to just catch the train back?

baka

***el, idiot.
HSC
what about going from
EGG04 to EA.2-09 ?
how far is it between each other?
&
EA.G-18 to EA.2-04 ?

is there a different stop i have to get off or is it the same for everyone?
man i am scared im going to get lost =/

L

LaraB

baka said:
what about going from
EGG04 to EA.2-09 ?
&
EA.G-18 to EA.2-04 ?

lol - ok... everyone asking about rooms and stuff - have a look at the parra campus map - it's attached.

The campus is really small compared to other unis... there is only really 2 bus stops - one for the main campus, one for parra north... all buildings starting with "e" are on the main campus, all starting with "l" are on the north campus...

It takes maybe like...5.. 10 max... minutes to walk from the furthest building on one end to the otehr at parra campus so don't stress:)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
sumguy said:
thanks, would it take alot longer if i took the sam sydney buses? cause it runs at their destination for eg. it stops at parra campus, then it goes to rydalmere, silverwater, newington? or does it goe back to parra station directly? if that's the case would it be alot faster to just catch the train back?
What the???? How can the buses go back through rydalmere, silverwater and newington from that side of the road (going to parra station)? Theres about 5 stops along vicky road between uni and parra. The 525, 523, L20 (520 during off peak) all say PARRAMATTA!

And just to confuse everyone, they have changed the bus stands at Parra terminal :lol:

baka said:
Dear god! Parra is so small, I don't even know how anyone could possibly get lost.

baka

***el, idiot.
HSC
LaraB said:
lol - ok... everyone asking about rooms and stuff - have a look at the parra campus map - it's attached.

The campus is really small compared to other unis... there is only really 2 bus stops - one for the main campus, one for parra north... all buildings starting with "e" are on the main campus, all starting with "l" are on the north campus...

It takes maybe like...5.. 10 max... minutes to walk from the furthest building on one end to the otehr at parra campus so don't stress:)
Thanks LaraB! maps are confusing. lol. id thought id ask here first. parra is small?! ok! i hope so!

klh

HSC
one other thing, you can be late to lectures, in some they allow a 5-10 minute margin for you too turn up before they start and a majority of lectures finish early or if you like, leave early. There will be some time-nazi's but if you explain to some, they will be more than undestanding.

About the bus from uws campus back to parra, the buses run more often and like Cape said, it doesnt stop at those stops you mentioned, and they end the journey at Parra station so no need to stress. Also, the train will get you to Clyde station, not parra and some trains like to skip Clyde so thats just worth a mention.

And they changed teh bus stops Cape? Or are you just messing us about?

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
baka said:
what about going from
EGG04 to EA.2-09 ?
&
EA.G-18 to EA.2-04 ?

Don't worry there is plenty of time to get to classes, they always start late and finish early to give you time, I had one on North campus and one on the main campus back to back and the tutors were aware and just waited :)

sumguy

HSC
Cape said:
What the???? How can the buses go back through rydalmere, silverwater and newington from that side of the road (going to parra station)? Theres about 5 stops along vicky road between uni and parra. The 525, 523, L20 (520 during off peak) all say PARRAMATTA!

And just to confuse everyone, they have changed the bus stands at Parra terminal :lol:

Dear god! Parra is so small, I don't even know how anyone could possibly get lost.
ok that clears things up..so where's the parra terminal now if they changed it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)